Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Little Katie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Icon now White

I'm a pretty unsophisticated Smart Phone User. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon for about 2 months now. I love it!
    I was asked yesterday to allow a Samsung Software Update, I said yes. It went smoothly and rebooted the phone. This morning as I unplugged it from it being charged I noticed that the Battery Icon is white. I swear it was green yesterday or the last time I remember but now it's white. After lots of looking I believe that it isn't the Samsung Software that controls that, it's the Android Software that is in control. I don't remember Android asking to update a software release, just the Samsung Software. The Samsung Software update was for SCH-1545-MK2 to NC5. I'm at Android level 4.4.2. Can anyone confirm that it's the Android Software that controls the color of the status Icons on the top of the screen? If it is Android that controls the color of say the Battery Icon, can I change that? Can I go back to a lower release level of Android or would I be asking for problems. Thanks in advance for helping out a new user, I appreciate it!!

Global Posts
    20,986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Battery Icon now White

Quote Originally Posted by utahbronco View Post
    I'm a pretty unsophisticated Smart Phone User. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon for about 2 months now. I love it!
    I was asked yesterday to allow a Samsung Software Update, I said yes. It went smoothly and rebooted the phone. This morning as I unplugged it from it being charged I noticed that the Battery Icon is white. I swear it was green yesterday or the last time I remember but now it's white. After lots of looking I believe that it isn't the Samsung Software that controls that, it's the Android Software that is in control. I don't remember Android asking to update a software release, just the Samsung Software. The Samsung Software update was for SCH-1545-MK2 to NC5. I'm at Android level 4.4.2. Can anyone confirm that it's the Android Software that controls the color of the status Icons on the top of the screen? If it is Android that controls the color of say the Battery Icon, can I change that? Can I go back to a lower release level of Android or would I be asking for problems. Thanks in advance for helping out a new user, I appreciate it!!
    Android 4.4 did change from Halo Blue to white. You can change that color, but it will involve rooting your device. Something I would not recommend for a person new to Android, or if that is the only reason.
    I actually welcomed the change. Halo Blue was getting old.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I would like to know if this can be changed as well. What I think the original poster is requesting is to have the battery icon be green for full or yellow for almost empty to red for close to dead. Now it is just white for any phase. Does anyone know if this can be changed back to display the battery life indication levels? I am not sure what the halo blue is referring to, but I want the green/yellow/red battery icon, not just white all the time for any level.

I would suggest having it show the percentage of battery life.
    Go to settings-more-battery, at the very bottom tick the box.
    I find this very handy!

Posted via Android Central App
    Joe F. in Montana
    Galaxy S4, Stock

Just to clarify a bit for the OP. Yes, your update said it was from Samsung, but the update actually originated from Google. Google puts out an update for Android and then the manufacturers modify it for their hardware. After that, the Carriers update it again for their purposes.

Google (Android) did change the icons to all white and changing that does require root access, which really isn't worth the effort to just change the icons back to colored.

BigRedGonzo

my Samsung GALAXY S4 battery color is now being white I wants to change it to Green please help me.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by joemontana57 View Post
    I find this very handy!

Thanks for this tip!
    rlindydiane likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joemontana57 View Post
    I find this very handy!

Thanks for this tip! 👍

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by gelila View Post
    my Samsung GALAXY S4 battery color is now being white I wants to change it to Green please help me.

thank you
    You can't change it as you can't downgrade your OS version.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan