Verizon S4 Samsung started to beep every 12 hours, why?

Fungus8e

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi
My Verizon S4 Samsung suddenly has started to do a double beep every 12 hours. This has always been when the phone is not being used. This phone is not rooted or anything like that. It just goes "beep-beep" and that's it.

There are no notifications showing, no phone calls missed, nothing to indicate that something happened.

I do have a bluetooth connection to a home cordless phone system that is working. My wife's android phone also connects to the bluetooth but her phone doesn't beep.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fungus8e

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
So - does it do it at some significant time, say right at noon and midnight? Or at some seemingly random time, like 3:17? Have you checked for calendar events? Installed or updated any apps lately? Does it use the default alert tone? What does it do when the audio is muted - vibrate? Have you tried a 1 minute battery pull? Does it do it when you are away from the mentioned Bluetooth devices?

Fungus8e

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
It was happening at 2:45 AM and 2:45 PM.
No calendar events set. No timer alarms set.
No new apps installed.
The double beep is not a default for any of my alerts.
I haven't tried muting the audio. Also don't know it it happens away from bluetooth device.
Pulling the battery has no effect on it.
The good news is that the beep did not happen this morning. Maybe all it took was to have you send a reply message, thanks.
More later if it starts beeping again.
F.

Colchicine

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I seem to remember encountering this, but no necessarily the solution. I'm inclined to tell you look in the Accessibility part of the Settings for anything you may have changed lately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer