will Verizon drop prices

l_t_freeman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Since ATT dropped prices yesterday I wonder if Verizon will do the same. Will they if requested by customer or automatically raise amount if data to keep customers. I understand that Europe data planes and phones are less expensive than our plans and phones

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Since ATT dropped prices yesterday I wonder if Verizon will do the same. Will they if requested by customer or automatically raise amount if data to keep customers. I understand that Europe data planes and phones are less expensive than our plans and phones

There's rumors that they have plans to but others are asking how long Verizon can hold out jumping into the price war.

Not much incentive if they're still pulling in new users.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed it but I just clicked over to the AT&T website and didn't see any pricing that impressed me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I missed it but I just clicked over to the AT&T website and didn't see any pricing that impressed me.

Depends on your needs. Plans with many lines utilizing at least 10gb byop are reasonably priced. In your case though, the $60 loyalty plan for your line and $45 plan for hubby on Verizon seems to be the best fit

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Depending on your needs, Verizon's current pricing may be cheaper than att new pricing.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
For me, neither the tmo note the att are any beget than what I'm paying for right now. I have 4 lines and 6 GB and pay $240. If I switch to tmo or any and factor in the cost of the phones I would have to purchase, the total would surpass my current bill

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

AT&T's Regular Plans are the SAME AS VERIZON... However, Their plans are Cheaper if you use AT&T Next follow some other ways of staying WITHOUT getting a new phone with a discount.. you can get a cheaper plan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's Regular Plans are the SAME AS VERIZON... However, Their plans are Cheaper if you use AT&T Next follow some other ways of staying WITHOUT getting a new phone with a discount.. you can get a cheaper plan

It is mostly geared towards family plans, as the minimum single user plan that could take advantage of their new pricing is $115.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any Verizon plans giving you 4 smart phones with 10 gigs of data for $160. There are ways to get your own equipment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like Verizon isn't going to "drop" prices - just give you more data at the current prices.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Same thing basically.
It's the same thing only if you use the extra data they give you. Now having said that, if you are on the 500MB plan to begin with and won't use 1GB, then it doesn't help you.

But if you are on the old 1GB plan and won't use the 2GB they give you, you can drop down to the new 1GB plan and get a price reduction. Same if you are on the old 2GB plan.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
There are ways to get your own equipment.
Right but any of the ways that are legal and result in you getting a $700 brand new phone cost, well $700. If you factor that into the equation, you need a plan to be $30 less per month for it to be worth it. Now maybe you don't want a $700 brand new phone, but I do.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Vzw is just shuffling data allotment and misleading into joining edge program RIPOFF. NO PRICE REDUCTION

HTC One MAX

Depends on your needs. But for those already on edge on a 10gb or higher plan, their monthly cost just dropped $20 per month per line.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, $20 per month per line.

Now I won't trade my UDP line for Share Everything or Edge but if you are already on it, it is a nice bonus.

Not only that but Verizon will allow those on contract before 11/13/13 to go on edge now. You can pick up a s3 mini for $250, after 13 months you would have made up $260,so the phone would be paid off. You can also sell it if desired.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
No, $20 per month per line.

Now I won't trade my UDP line for Share Everything or Edge but if you are already on it, it is a nice bonus.

It might be a nice bonus to those who were duped into signing up for edge, but for most others, it's a shell game compared to the regular contract plans. the $20/month discount basically gets you about the same monthly as if you had signed up for a contract plan, depending on the phone you selected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95