Suspending UDP?

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have UDP on month to month, thinking about switching. I don't want to give up my current line and number just in case I can't get any better service. So my question is, can I suspend my line to not have to pay for a month or 2 without losing unlimited or being forced back on contract?

Posted via the Android Central App

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have UDP on month to month, thinking about switching. I don't want to give up my current line and number just in case I can't get any better service. So my question is, can I suspend my line to not have to pay for a month or 2 without losing unlimited or being forced back on contract?

Honestly Verizon should be able to tell you. I would assume though that if you simply suspend and can come back without signing a two year contract you would be fine. So the real question is what VZW would require to come off suspension of the line. Dealing with another issue this week with VZW I can tell you that the trigger to drop UD is when you have a contract extension done. My 2 cents :)

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly Verizon should be able to tell you. I would assume though that if you simply suspend and can come back without signing a two year contract you would be fine. So the real question is what VZW would require to come off suspension of the line. Dealing with another issue this week with VZW I can tell you that the trigger to drop UD is when you have a contract extension done. My 2 cents :)

This is not true. You can (and I personally have) extend your contract without losing unlimited. Even you did, but you lost it when you activated a "bad" sim (for lack of a better word). People have very recently reported successful contract extensions via the Best Buy method.

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
This is not true. You can (and I personally have) extend your contract without losing unlimited. Even you did, but you lost it when you activated a "bad" sim (for lack of a better word). People have very recently reported successful contract extensions via the Best Buy method.

True.. through methods of work arounds you can get the extension. However I also don't know how VZW would look at it when a month to month phone is suspended and then brought back. If because it is month to month they would require a contract to come back, not sure how that would be processed. So to my point was VZW could at least confirm that part. If they let him comeback to month to month without issue then at that point he could do a method like BB. Other idea is could use BB to get contract extension assuming they would allow the upgrade on a suspended line without involving VZW. Just thinking that with all the involvement with VZW to suspend and then come back they might take UD. Obviously don't know. Totally agree with you though that there are ways. Just have not read in the other thread anyone that has come back from a suspended month to month. Maybe missed it in all the pages.. :)

EDIT: Totally right in that the bad sim was my issue that triggered the whole thing. However once the sim issue was resolved they could not get the approvals to put UD back on due to the extension. Only option to get UD back on was to return and start over. The fact that the 2 yr was added was the stopping point in everyone system from getting UD back on. That is why I stated the way I did. You are right though in that there are methods to add more time and hopefully won't get caught in the back end down the road. I wish I was in your boat and didn't go through that mess. Going to cost me a couple extra hundred to get off contract device, but oh well ce la vie.. :)

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

You can suspend the line for up 3 months, if you are under contract it will extend your contact termination date. You will retain UDP, I've done this several times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm out of contract, so I don't know how it'll work. I know I can ask Verizon, but I figured I'd check here first. Afraid to interact with them and have them change something on the account.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm out of contract, so I don't know how it'll work. I know I can ask Verizon, but I figured I'd check here first. Afraid to interact with them and have them change something on the account.

I also suspend a line that was not under contract, so unless something has changed in past year since I did this nothing to worry about.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa