Purchase Droid X online or in Verizon Store?

anon4843263

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks!

Here is my quandry....I am sure many of you have gone through this before but after searching I couldn't find a really good explanation.

I currently have AT&T and I want to switch to Verizon and give them another shot due in part to the fact that I am really interested in a Android device and am trying to decide on which Verizon one to get....Leaning towards the Droid X or the Incredible.

Prices are cheaper online it seems by a huge margin...several retailers sell them well under the Verizon Brick and Mortar store by at least $100!

1. What are the Pros/Cons of purchasing online via LetsTalk, Amazon, Wirefly, etc as opposed to getting it at the Verizon store itself?

2. Verizon offers a military discount...can that be applied to the purchase if done online via one of those retailers?

3. What are companies to avoid if I elected to purchase online?

4. Verizon has a Buyers Remorse program so that within 30 days if I have any issues I could swap to another phone....what has your experience been with online retailers and this situation.

5. There are other brick and mortar stores such as WalMart and BestBuy that carry phones....is there a benefit to being able to actually go to a store to return the phone or do they make you go through Verizon.

I don't mind paying a few extra dollars if the service is good. For example, if I had to have my phone troubleshot can you take it to the Verizon store if you purchased online or would you have to return it to the online retailer for a fix?

Thanks a great deal folks....I am excited about the new phone and have always purchased from the carrier brick and mortar stores in the past so the online purchase is a bit unnerving for me.

:)

EDIT: I found out some information by going to many of the etailers such as Newegg, Tiger, Walmart, Amazon, wirefly, etc....it seems as though a few of the sites get their phones via "LetsTalk" where the others get them through Simplexity (which I found out is the same as Wirefly as far as I can tell).

Last edited:

anon4843263

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the Droid X today!

Well my decision was made pretty easy for me after visiting the Verizon store today! They matched online prices (which were pretty dang cheap) and I did not have to go through the hassles of a "third party" contract.

The experience was great and I hope that the service with VZW is at least as good as AT&T who we swapped from.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timeless1