will requesting a replacement SIM card by calling customer service endanger my unlimited data plan?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
the SIM card inside my S5 phone with unlimited data line has been over used...(swapping phones quite a bit) it need to be replaced because part of the metal contacts is scratched off a little.

If I call Verizon customer service and request a new SIM card to be sent, will it endanger that line's unlimited data plan at all? (or what should I do during the activation of the new SIM card to ensure that it doesn't happen?)

As long as I'm requesting a new SIM card, should I just request a nano SIM card, since my newer phones all use nano SIM cards? (then just use a nano-to-micro SIM adapter)

Thanks in advance! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In theory no. But I have heard of some losing unlimited data for this due to Verizon messing up

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In theory no. But I have heard of some losing unlimited data for this due to Verizon messing up

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I just realized that I'm guarding my unlimited data plan with more care than people who are in charge of launching nuclear missiles aimed at the Chicoms! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty