Unlimited Data is back

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is bringing unlimited data back tomorrow February 13th. It's $80 per month for a single line and $45 for each additional line. Throttling may occur after 22GB but isn't a guarantee to happen. I am not sure if that's $80 plus $20 for the line or $80 for everything. Corporate speak is difficult to figure out at times.
Full details below

Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

Edit: Based on Verizon current pricing, I believe it may be $80 + $20 Line Access = $100 per month. I can't confirm though. Their advertising is unclear.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to compare because I pay for everything a la carte and they added $20 to plan. Minutes, sms, data are each separate but no slowing. Is the $80 counting everything including line fee?

That's why I asked the question.

I know I pay less than $100

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to compare because I pay for everything a la carte. Minutes, sms, data. Is the $80 counting everything including line fee?

That's why I asked the question.

That I am unsure of, I doubt it though. This is still expensive - basically like having unlimited everything back on the old plans. I think it's $100 per month for everything minus any discounts you may get from your employer (assuming they don't block those).

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That I am unsure of, I doubt it though. This is still expensive - basically like having unlimited everything back on the old plans. I think it's $105 per month for everything minus any discounts you may get from your employer (assuming they don't block those).
And does it allow hotspot usage?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And does it allow hotspot usage?

10GB of 4G hotspot usage at which point it drops to 3G speeds.

Also, the unlimited data is full speed and HD quality according to the article. It's not dropped to 480p quality like T-Mobile does.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's not bad. I would have to add $30 a month to get hotspot although mine would be unlimited. That said I pay for sms and minutes so if I go over I pay more. If I add hotspot to my plan price is probably similar. Other people understand pricing better than I. My wife's phone is in my bill but she gets 2gb on a contract so my bill is confusing.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's not bad. I would have to add $30 a month to get hotspot although mine would be unlimited. That said I pay for sms and minutes so if I go over I pay more. If I add hotspot to my plan price is probably similar. Other people understand pricing better than I. My wife's phone is in my bill but she gets 2gb on a contract so my bill is confusing.

Once the plan goes live tomorrow, you can always check to see if it benefits you. Going off of how Verizon currently does pricing, I believe I am correct in saying it'll cost $100 per month. But as with anything, we shall see. This plan definitely isn't for everyone but it's great to see the option finally come back. I am currently on the 5GB plan which is basically all I need. I have all my music downloaded to my phone so no data is used there. Maybe I'd watch more videos if I had it though, lol.

But others do need more. And that's the point. :)

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
20 gb would be enough for my wife and I to share but last I checked it would actually cost more than we pay now. Because I pay for each thing separately my discount is actually more than it would be with the new plan even if total were the same.

I'd like the modern plan with free hotspot and 20gb but I would expect to pay less not more than my current plan... and doesn't my wife's portion reduce once her contract is up since she got a subsidized phone?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
20 gb would be enough for my wife and I to share but last I checked it would actually cost more than we pay now. Because I pay for each thing separately my discount is actually more than it would be with the new plan even if total were the same.

I'd like the modern plan with free hotspot and 20gb but I would expect to pay less not more than my current plan... and doesn't my wife's portion reduce once her contract is up since she got a subsidized phone?

Nope, you'd think the plan would shrink but it doesn't. That was always a complaint many of us had but the carriers don't lower your bill once the contract ends. The only way it lowers is if you have a new plan and buy the phone at retail on a payment plan. And that's only because you paid off the phone and now own it, the plan itself doesn't drop unfortunately.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you'd think the plan would shrink but it doesn't. That was always a complaint many of us had but the carriers don't lower your bill once the contract ends. The only way it lowers is if you have a new plan and buy the phone at retail on a payment plan. And that's only because you paid off the phone and now own it, the plan itself doesn't drop unfortunately.
We'll probably just stand pat until she needs a new phone which could be a couple more years. She likes her iPhone 6+. I have a brand new V20. The only thing is we could dump our landline and just go all cell. Then new plan is cheaper.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
We'll probably just stand pat until she needs a new phone which could be a couple more years. She likes her iPhone 6+. I have a brand new V20. The only thing is we could dump our landline and just go all cell. Then new plan is cheaper.

I love my iPhone 7 so I understand why she likes her 6+. I left Android after the Nexus 6P faultered in the areas I needed it to work properly. I still prefer this community over iMore which is why I posted this here instead, haha. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Once the plan goes live tomorrow, you can always check to see if it benefits you. Going off of how Verizon currently does pricing, I believe I am correct in saying it'll cost $105 per month. But as with anything, we shall see. This plan definitely isn't for everyone but it's great to see the option finally come back. I am currently on the 5GB plan which is basically all I need. I have all my music downloaded to my phone so no data is used there. Maybe I'd watch more videos if I had it though, lol.

But others do need more. And that's the point. :)

From the way the teaser makes it seem I would assume the $80 included line access fee. With that being said, this is verizon so that could be one thing I see them hiding and being like well it is $80+ $20. I guess tomorrow we shall see.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From the way the teaser makes it seem I would assume the $80 included line access fee. With that being said, this is verizon so that could be one thing I see them hiding and being like well it is $80+ $20. I guess tomorrow we shall see.

The reason I think it's $80 plus $20 access fee is the pricing of the current plans. The 8GB plan currently offered is $70 per month + $20 line access fee. This plan isn't being phased out so that would likely point to a $20 access fee.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The reason I think it's $80 plus $20 access fee is the pricing of the current plans. The 8GB plan currently offered is $70 per month + $20 line access fee. This plan isn't being phased out so that would likely point to a $20 access fee.

I guess we shall find out tomorrow. That does make sense though and of course verizon doesn't mention that in the teaser.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Um, so what, if anything, does this mean for the current plans? Will they get price adjustments? I can't imagine they want everyone to jump onto unlimited, but that's what will happen if the pricing for the old plans remains the same while the new unlimited plan is only $80.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow.. the pressure finally hit Verizon to bring it back!

According to some reports, T-Mobile is almost equal to Verizon in coverage. I disagree with this report because there are still plenty of areas my friend loses signal that I don't. However, with the gap closing, Verizon had to do this and also include HD quality data.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow.. the pressure finally hit Verizon to bring it back!

Yes... with enough Verizon customers telling VZ reps and supervisors... to stop nickel and diming them... and with the TMOBILE plan of unlimited including taxes and fees for seventy bucks, VZ has reacted.

Regarding coverage, out west here, once you leave cities and along interstates, TMOBILE lacks coverage... while VZ and AT&T does much better, with VZ being #1.