signal problems

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
upgrade from a opt v. love the new phone. but all of Tue sudden it was jumping from 3g to 1x. said I had signal and it was bouncing up and down. coverage area is good. called vm and they claimed they fixed problem on their end. Nope. then all of sudden it said for example I have full signal and next thing I know I have 10 voicemails. long story short I went back to radio shack and hand them replace phone. I was also getting the dreaded ehco when on phone. new phone problems gone. so if your on the fence and haveing issues swap Tue phone out. that tookw care of it for me. had the old phone about a week and the problems started right out of the box. replacement phone perfect. just FYI to anyone with issues. just a bad one out Tue box. and yes its absprint branded phone. does not say virgin mobile on it. could care less as long as it works. this phone is the great.

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
upgrade from a opt v. love the new phone. but all of Tue sudden it was jumping from 3g to 1x. said I had signal and it was bouncing up and down. coverage area is good. called vm and they claimed they fixed problem on their end. Nope. then all of sudden it said for example I have full signal and next thing I know I have 10 voicemails. long story short I went back to radio shack and hand them replace phone. I was also getting the dreaded ehco when on phone. new phone problems gone. so if your on the fence and haveing issues swap Tue phone out. that tookw care of it for me. had the old phone about a week and the problems started right out of the box. replacement phone perfect. just FYI to anyone with issues. just a bad one out Tue box. and yes its absprint branded phone. does not say virgin mobile on it. could care less as long as it works. this phone is the great.

There are national outages going on right now due to the hurricane like storm conditions that rolled through over the weekend. That may have added to some of the problems you were having.

bouncinb

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have just Purchased the evo v and I also am having signal issues, I got 3 bars then i got one then non and not getting calls or texts, Its very jumpy and the 3g to the 1x is a issues Im seeing with the signal...

skippy126

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have just Purchased the evo v and I also am having signal issues, I got 3 bars then i got one then non and not getting calls or texts, Its very jumpy and the 3g to the 1x is a issues Im seeing with the signal...

Try this and see if it helps:

Go into SETTINGS, SYSTEM UPDATES and then Choose "Update PRL". When that finishes, choose "Update Profile".

My signal was really jumping around since I got the phone, but yesterday I updated the PRL (the latest version is 61009) and the signal seemed to stabilize a bit. After I did that though, I noticed I wasn't getting 3G (only 1x). Once I ran "Update Profile", my 3G returned.

bouncinb

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I did this still same, its just in my area for 3 blocks surounding me then the phone works perfect..... They dont have anything to plug in to get better serivice like a booster?