Unbrick almost no matter what!!!!!!!! ONLY FOR LG OPTIMUS SLIDER, Q unbrick coming soon

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello, it's dark_samus from teamgelato Team Gelato - Blog for the development team, Team Gelato, coming to you with a full unbrick guide!

ok first you need the BIN file and the VM701_model.dll (note: this will NOT work with LGNPST!!!)

BIN: dev.dtalley11.com/dark_samus/VM701ZV4_03.bin
DLL: dev.dtalley11.com/dark_samus/VM701_Model.dll

also LG Flash Tool and MegaLock.dll are needed

LG Flash Tool: dev.dtalley11.com/dark_samus/Setup_LGFlashTool_1.5.10.1120.zip
DLL: dev.dtalley11.com/dark_samus/MegaLock.dll

Finally we need the LG drivers

USB drivers:http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00520120427

first setup the LG Flash Tool

next copy MegaLock.dll into C:\LG\LGFlashTool\ yes you want to replace it

now the tool should open

next install USB drivers

open the LG Flash Tool and check the checkbox "Select Manual Mode"

then in the first box show it where your VM701.dll is and in the next box show it where the VS700ZV4_03.bin is then hit "OK" at the bottom

next plug in your phone in emergency mode (to get here hold down Vol - and back on the phone and plug the phone into USB)

now go to Device Manager (in windows XP start RIGHT CLICK on the computer icon in the menu select "properties" go to the "devices" tab and click on "Device Manager". Windows 7: use control panel in the display mode "Large Icons" NOT "Category" and click on Device Manager. Windows 8: not sure on this one...) in Device Manager drop down the category "Ports (COM & LTP)" and find your phone in there, note the COM port it's using

in the LG Flash tool click on the Parallel Port icon (fourth button over from your right) and select the same port as your phone and deselect any others then hit "OK", next click on the arrow button (first button on your right... (I seriously hope no one needs that explained to them)) unplug your phone for 5 seconds and plug it back in then it should flash your phone

then reroot and install a custom recovery :D

Credits:
Me, for scouring the internet for information and programs for LG's weird file formats and for writing this guide
sammyz, for getting the .wdb file extracted without a dll for this phone (thanks man I really owe you one)
the rest of team gelato, for trying to help and giving LOTS of moral support when I was ready to smash my phone to bit's
LG, for absolutely NOTHING

EDIT: can a Moderator sticky this please?

Last edited:

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
yeah sorry you have to manually go to LG's site I'll update that a little later but for now just go to lg.com and search VM701 go to the manuals and documents section and download the usb driver

hope this helps
~dark_samus

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
While running the LG Flash Tool it always goes to 100% right away and gives me a "Download Fail (5 sec)" error. I've tried numerous combinations of unplugging and plugging back in. I feel so close to fixing my phone but this one last step!

eddie298

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
While running the LG Flash Tool it always goes to 100% right away and gives me a "Download Fail (5 sec)" error. I've tried numerous combinations of unplugging and plugging back in. I feel so close to fixing my phone but this one last step!
same happens to me, i literally just bootlooped my phone like five minutes ago. i was in recovery and did a factory reset, formated cache and dalvike cache then tried installing
gellato 11-28 and ginger kernal. now its boot looped. i ****ed myself cause my nandroid backup was on a memory stick that became corrupted. ****!

JulianVincents1

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Trying to unbrick my phone, but cant understand the part that says "copy MegaLock.dll" what do i have to do there??? when i try to open the LG Flash tool, it gives me this error: LG USB/Parrallel LockKey is not detected!!! what does this mean? someone reply asap. Oh, and to stop any confusion. i do have the virgin mobile lg optimus slider. and i bricked it by unrooting it with gingerbreak and doing a factory reset right afterward. everytime i try booting it up it gets stuck at the CWM-vased Recovery screen with E:bad boot message "recovery"''''' someone please help,

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for all of the trouble guys not sure why the flash tool won't flash it.... I will have a better version as soon as xonar_ over at XDA adds support for our bin file but I'm not 100% sure on certain things (meid being kept for example) I will update this later but for now try earlier versions of the LG flash tool in theory this SHOULD work but I haven't been able to test this method out at all sorry for any confusion

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have bricked my phone to the point the computer doesnt even recognize it as a driver wat do I do?

Power the phone off and plug it into USB while holding volume down and back on the phone it will put your phone into Emergency Mode

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

JulianVincents1

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay, if anyone read my last post. i was basically the "damsile in distress" if you willl. i took care of that, VM Sent me a new Optimus, all i have to do is send the one in which i bricked back to them.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
well Xonar_ has decided not to support our BIN in his tool because ours isn't in the usual LG format but whats odd is everything is in plain text for where it's stored (to find this out I just had to open it in a hex editor an the header has a ton of info) but its odd because me an rhg135 tried extracting from it using the locations in hex but we only got blank files tha were way to small but we noticed that there was a 3rd variable and we have no clue how to extract it so maybe someone here can help just open the bin in a hex edior or even a normal text editor an copy out the header once it's able to be extracted a recovery method is possible

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow I never knew it would take that much just to unbrick the little guy. Let me know if I can help at all, though I've never done any programming before. Thanks again for everything

amtek

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic guide! Looking forward to the Optimus Q method. My sister bricked her OQ by rooting it then deleting important system apps before installing a custom recovery. Then she tried doing a factory reset when all the errors popped up. so now it just sits at the first time set up screen and nothing happens when you click on the green android other than a few errors popping up, the set up bypass doesnt work either. It does have access to the stock recovery but cant find anything that makes that useful.

Gonna check back often for the Q unbricking

misstoxic

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
same issue! how do u fix it?

Last edited:

Evilmikie1

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
OK....none of this works.....can we PLEASE delete this thread. No lg driver link that works. The flash tool pops up with some box that says korean chinese or test. Scared to try any of these other links.