Wiping dalvik cache=problems!

anon(208715)

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm running a rooted V with an older version of Harmonia with thunderc recovery. To improve memory and performance, I decided to wipe my dalvik cache within recovery, then rebooted. Now, I'm missing several apps and, to make matters worse, I can't reload them within Titanium Backup nor can I download any updates through the market. I thought that wiping my cache, Dalvik or otherwise, couldn't do any harm to my phone. And to make matters worse, I didn't do a full TB backup (yeah, I know...).

Any idea what is causing these issues? I haven't come across anyone with similar issues after wiping dalvik.

anon(208715)

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
2 things to clarify:

--The main reason I wiped the dalvik cache was an attempt to solve the "package file is invalid" error I got when downloading certain apps. I never used to have that problem but it was occurring more frequently, even though SD card and phone's memory had plenty of space (104MB on phone). I used Link2SD and have partioned my SD card.

--When downloading updates, it stutters, says "download paused" a couple of times, then stops, all in about 4 seconds.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Open links2sd and hit the menu button, select more, then select relink dalvik cache. When you wiped the dalvik cache and rebooted, it rewrote the dalvik to the data partition. You need to move it back to the sd card and everything will work fine

anon(208715)

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Open links2sd and hit the menu button, select more, then select relink dalvik cache. When you wiped the dalvik cache and rebooted, it rewrote the dalvik to the data partition. You need to move it back to the sd card and everything will work fine

That did the trick! It didn't restore the missing apps, but now I can at least reload them through the market, and I can update other apps as well. Thank you.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I only had that happen once...when I first transition from rooted stock rom (froyo 2.1) to IHO CM7.1 I didn't do that good a job of backing up ALL the data. Luckily I run System Control Panel Pro which makes a file: App Archive in which you can backup the install paks of all your apps. Except for the apps that are copy-write protected. It works better than TB. to backup those apps so they can be reinstalled if your hacking fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez