Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

The PRL should in no way effect the touchscreen. Try flashing a different rom. If a rom changes fixes it, then your system files or kernel are the problem. Try doing a fresh install.

Another cause could be the moving itself. Changing climates/humidity changes can cause moisture to form inside electronics. If the problem will not go away no matter what you flash, you may have damaged something inside the phone.

These are my best guesses as to the issue.

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Just had a question. Is it possible for different PRL's to effect your TWS (time without signal) percentage? I am currently using the 01120 PRL and my TWS is like 70-90%. Now I don't know if that's a bad thing but from research I'd say it was. This PRL has been working fine for me and all 3G connectivity works but just curious if maybe I should try different PRL's or go back to the stock one to lower this TWS issue. I do not want my battery draining from this. Thanks.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by brian117 View Post
    Just had a question. Is it possible for different PRL's to effect your TWS (time without signal) percentage? I am currently using the 01120 PRL and my TWS is like 70-90%. Now I don't know if that's a bad thing but from research I'd say it was. This PRL has been working fine for me and all 3G connectivity works but just curious if maybe I should try different PRL's or go back to the stock one to lower this TWS issue. I do not want my battery draining from this. Thanks.
    Yes, it can effect your tws. A new PRL may locate a new tower to connect to.
    Hunting for a signal uses more power than just staying connected, so yes, 90% is bad.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    The PRL should in no way effect the touchscreen. Try flashing a different rom. If a rom changes fixes it, then your system files or kernel are the problem. Try doing a fresh install.

Another cause could be the moving itself. Changing climates/humidity changes can cause moisture to form inside electronics. If the problem will not go away no matter what you flash, you may have damaged something inside the phone.

These are my best guesses as to the issue.
    It seems like the problem only happens when connected via USB and debug mode is on. Once disconnected it works fine. I've never noticed it do this before though.

While reading this thread, I came upon the link for checking your MSL code on Virgin Mobile site. The last post I read about it stated it didn't work anymore. I just tried it out and it worked fine for me.

First sign on to your VM account. Then type in the following:
    https://www1.virginmobileusa.com/myaccount/home.dosdf

It did give me an ERROR 404, but it listed all kinds of info and in there was the MSL number (six digits).

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by daubster View Post
    While reading this thread, I came upon the link for checking your MSL code on Virgin Mobile site. The last post I read about it stated it didn't work anymore. I just tried it out and it worked fine for me.

It did give me an ERROR 404, but it listed all kinds of info and in there was the MSL number (six digits).
    yeah it appears to be working again.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

is there any way to change the prl if you are on a mac or maybe directly from the phone? i am on vacation and am getting very weak reception, 3g drops in and out without me even moving.... i only have my macbook with me but i was wondering if there was a software like qpst for mac as well?

Help! I lost 3G after swapping stock PRL. After revert to stock PRL still no 3G. Any suggestions? TIA

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by 3deal View Post
    Help! I lost 3G after swapping stock PRL. After revert to stock PRL still no 3G. Any suggestions? TIA
    run the activate app.

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    run the activate app.
    this
    Using VM optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    whats the most reliable prl right now? i just loaded 60680. usually get bad service at my house. still only have 1 bar with 94 dbm.

edit: is it suposed to say digital roam at first and flash a triangle for like 1 minute.
    Using VM optimus V

Thumbs up Re: PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    run the activate app.
    It worked!

ROM
    Quattrimus Alpha 7

Fixed problem, pretty happy with results especially since i live in rural country

ROM
    Quattrimus Alpha 7

Ok so I am using the PRL: 60680, seeing better results for the last 40mins.

I am wondering if this is the newest PRL, if there is a better PRL, and what towers do 60680 use.

It seems the signal bar doesn't show 3g level. I set the network in evdo only then the signal level would stay in -120 but the signal bar is changing.

ROM
    BACKside-IHO

Quote Originally Posted by sdxben View Post
    No one has been able to get their MSL....and if you call tech support and ask them they will not give it to you. In fact they do not even know it. Sorry! If you find a way to get the MSL, I am all ears.
    this page gives a different way to get the msl. same procedure, different technique. look at number 2

[HOWTO] Change PRL on Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V (5/06/2011) - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by inyourface9806 View Post
    this page gives a different way to get the msl. same procedure, different technique. look at number 2

[HOWTO] Change PRL on Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V (5/06/2011) - xda-developers
    The link daubster posted on the last page is working again and the easiest way.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

please someone, is there a way to change my prl using a macbook with just osx no windows on it?!?!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jk16w View Post
    Ok so I am using the PRL: 60680, seeing better results for the last 40mins.

I am wondering if this is the newest PRL, if there is a better PRL, and what towers do 60680 use.
    i am also wondering about this. anyone know? and is 61677 the most up to date hybrid prl?

Quote Originally Posted by daubster View Post

Looks like it stopped working again. It was working when I previously tried 4 days ago.

I went from 61007 to 60680 tonight. Open Signal Maps showed connecting to the same tower as always, yet Speedtest app went from 100ms ping 500kbps/200kbps right before the PRL swap to 140ms 2200kbps/400kbps right after. I did multiple speedtests to the same server to make sure there weren't any anomalies (not uncommon). I've gotten 2000kbps+ in the past at non-peak hours with 61007, but not lately.

Is Open Signal Maps known to be inaccurate in identifying the tower to which the phone is connecting? If not, then I guess I have to chalk it up to another speedtest variation over a short period of time. A PRL swap shouldn't make any difference in speed unless I'm connecting to a different tower.

ROM
    CM7 with OC kernal

Ok, I am certainly NOT computer illiterate, but a lot doesn't make any sense here. When I go to device manager I don't get a list of connected devices. Apparently you all aren't using XP. This wasn't made to use with XP I guess. I was able to get all the necessary codes, etc. for my phone, but I guess windows 7 has to be used for the rest. I give up.

Nevermind. Finally got it. Just being difficult as usual for an old machine.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk...
    Devices: ASUS Transformer TF101 Modded stock 8.6.5.21 Running Roach OC kernal, Motorola Triumph Custom CM7 build/WhyKernal, LG OP-V Mrg's CM7 build/kernal, WPDN tablet w/ custom CM6 build (unstable)

Member of Team Flashback at FMA

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe351 View Post
    Ok, I am certainly NOT computer illiterate, but a lot doesn't make any sense here. When I go to device manager I don't get a list of connected devices. Apparently you all aren't using XP. This wasn't made to use with XP I guess. I was able to get all the necessary codes, etc. for my phone, but I guess windows 7 has to be used for the rest. I give up.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk...
    Device: Optimus V
    Rom: I.H.O CM7.2

ROM
    CM7 with OC kernal

Not a huge change here. still a poor connection no matter the .prl I use. I'm not in a great reception area at home. A work there are 5 towers less than a mile away. Using 60680.

Sent from my OV using Tapatalk
    Devices: ASUS Transformer TF101 Modded stock 8.6.5.21 Running Roach OC kernal, Motorola Triumph Custom CM7 build/WhyKernal, LG OP-V Mrg's CM7 build/kernal, WPDN tablet w/ custom CM6 build (unstable)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe351 View Post
    Not a huge change here. still a poor connection no matter the .prl I use. I'm not in a great reception area at home. A work there are 5 towers less than a mile away. Using 60680.

Sent from my OV using Tapatalk
    Same but I go from no service to no bars but service in my basement. Ill take it

ROM
    CM7 with OC kernal

Quote Originally Posted by camf3xu View Post
    Same but I go from no service to no bars but service in my basement. Ill take it
    True. I got 3g at the house better than before. I can llink up to my tablet and have halfway decent internet access at the house.

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast