Switching Phone Number

greenbluegreen

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has been covered before. I did a search and didn't see anything. I've decided to switch to VM permanently and want to port my old number from my old phone that I have with my family plan over to my optimus v. Will I encounter problems if I have already rooted/romed this phone? Has anyone else gone through this process?

Thanks much.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Stick to a Rom based on stock so that programming will be possible. Porting is painless, just be patient.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I was going to say this.
IMO if you have to go into the programing screens it would be better to have your stock nanadroid running. Each time Ive had to do that I just restore to it do what Ive gotta do and restore to the most current backup.

Reactions: kimberlyinmn

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my newbie-ness, but do I also need to unroot my phone? My Verizon contract ends tomorrow (YAY!) and I'll be porting that number to my Optimus. I currently have the Bumblebee ROM.

Thanks!!

Kimberly

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my newbie-ness, but do I also need to unroot my phone? My Verizon contract ends tomorrow (YAY!) and I'll be porting that number to my Optimus. I currently have the Bumblebee ROM.

Thanks!!

Kimberly

No dont unroot your phone its quite possible to break your phone is you unroot it while using a custom rom. If your rooted let it be Bumblebee Might not get updated seeing as how GB roms are popping up left and right and obijohn did say he was going to work on a source GB rom for our phone.

Reactions: kimberlyinmn

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Woo-hoo! Ported and ready to go within an hour. They also gave me a $10 credit since I was about half way through my current month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1