Optimus V: No Voice or Text, 3G Data Fine

kramerboy

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Been trying to figure this out, but so far nothing. This morning, all incoming calls are going to voice mail. No ability to call out. Just goes to "Call Ended" If I call my phone from a land line, it goes straight to voice mail and I DO get a voice mail waiting indicator on my V. However, I cannot call out to get the voice mail. Incoming / Outgoing SMS does not work either.

However, all 3G activity seems to be working fine. I can browse the internet. All apps that use 3G seem to be working fine.

I have switched off the phone a couple of times and even did a battery pull to see if that would work. Nothing so far.

Getting ready to call Virgin Mobile to see if they could help, but wanted to see if anyone here could give me any more ideas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Try activate app. If that doesn't fix it, call Virgin, not many options since you're stock. Callin should most definitely fix it.

kramerboy

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I do the auto top up on the 9th of every month. I'm all paid up. Not sure what is going on. On hold with them right now. Doesn't make sense that 3G data would be unaffected, but Voice and SMS are not working.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the PRL change? If so, did you set the Roam preference to Home only like you are supposed to do?

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
ok you can try to reset your plan via VM website. if that does not work try to reenter your MIN. By going to your dialer and hitting ##8474# then send reenter you VM fone number then your MIN. You will have to get your MIN from VM. I hope this helps