Rooting problem....

russf22

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I've had my Iconia for a couple of weeks now (couldn't pass up the deal at Staples!!!) and I love it, for the most part..

I found that flash stopped working, even though it did work for a while when I first bought it. I uninstalled flash, and reinstalled it from the market but it didn't help. At this point I decided that it is time to root and try a different rom. I have a Dinc and have rooted that and am running CM7 nightlies, I am familiar with booting into recovery, nandroid backups, titanium backups, etc.

So I pulled a 4GB SD card from an old phone and put it in my Iconia. It sees it just fine and there is 3.8 GB free on it.

I followed the rooting instructions to a "T", but Gingerbreak just sits there telling me to wait while it roots the device. I have unknown sources selected, and usb debugging turned on. I did download gingerbreak through the tablet using firefox, but it seemed to install just fine. I have deleted the gingerbreak app a couple of times and reinstalled it, but the problem remains. I am still running XP on my desktop, so transferring files between the PC and the tablet isn't working too well. XP will not recognize the tablet, and I've read that it can be quite a pain to rectify it. Does anyone think that downloading gingerbreak on a separate PC, then transferring it, would help?

I am mainly concerned with getting my flash working again, but rooting it and running different ROMS would be very cool as well. I am sure that it would run better with a different ROM than what it was shipped with. It would probably fix the flash problem as well. I am aware that the Iconia isn't officially supported by flash at this time.

Thanks in advance. This is a great site, and you guys are providing much appreciated help here!!!

Russ

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys,

Fully rooted, and in the process of titanium backup, then clockwork mod, the

I'll have to spend a little more time at the XDA site next time.....

Russ

There is no custom clockwork recovery for our tab...I checked last night, I just got my Iconia sat night and rooted using the iconia root method.

What recoveries are you guys using?

briancarrie05

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There is no custom clockwork recovery for our tab...I checked last night, I just got my Iconia sat night and rooted using the iconia root method.

What recoveries are you guys using?

I use clockworkmod recovery. Download "Acer recovery installer" for free from the market. It will back up your current recovery and install clockwork for you

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: scarryman04

Emily Hirneisen

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Someone help me? I have been trying to root my phone all day. So i have resorted to computer. I have downloaded the file. Pressed one, etc. However when it says "Your phone will re-boot in 10 seconds" it doesn't? WHY! I'm getting really annoyed nothing is working. P.S I have a Android Razr M.