Strange behavior; Blue Screen and T-Mobile signal dropping

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, guys!

I've had this phone for a little over a year now. I've practically treated it like a regular device--listening to music on Spotify, taking photos/videos, Internet browsing, etc.

Here's the kicker: I've noticed the phone hasn't been getting good reception at all. It's not my location; my area is covered with LTE... but the signal always drops and will stay cut off until I perform a hard reset. I did everything I could--get a new SIM card and did a factory reset (backed up important stuff).

In addition to that, the phone often resets itself with a blue screen. I'm not sure if that has to do with the signal dropping, but even after the factory reset, it resets itself. I assume my unit is just messed up. There were several times that I've dropped it (not super hard though).

I wouldn't want to ****can an Idol 3 over a bad BLU phone (lol)... but it's looking like I might just need to upgrade to a new (or similar) device. It's a beast at sound recording (with two microphones on the top and bottom), the 1080p display is rather gorgeous, but with these flaws in the way, it might be best just to upgrade.

If you've been having similar issues with your Idol 3, let me know :)

- Paul Prosser

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The drops may have done something. With some of the connections it may not take much, especially if there is a semi bad solder point. Is there any way you can test another Idol 3?

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
You know what? I actually thought that; a hardware problem on its own. Something probably isn't soldered right which was prompted from the drop, but I don't think it would be worth going into the phone for since technically nothing is user-replaceable in the Idol 3. My best bet is to probably go with a new phone, which isn't going to be super difficult or anything, luckily. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699