Fierce 2 won't factory reset

ssk1234

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I try to factory reset my OneTouch Fierce 2, nothing happens. This happens no matter what method I use to factory reset. When I do it through the settings menu, the phone just turns off, boots up to the Fierce splash screen, then turns off again. If I try to do it with the power and volume buttons, it just turns back on without loading any sort of recovery screen. Either way the phone still has all of my settings and data that I want wiped. I can't seem to find anyone else with a similar problem after hours of searching on Google. How do I fix this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try to factory reset my OneTouch Fierce 2, nothing happens. This happens no matter what method I use to factory reset. When I do it through the settings menu, the phone just turns off, boots up to the Fierce splash screen, then turns off again. If I try to do it with the power and volume buttons, it just turns back on without loading any sort of recovery screen. Either way the phone still has all of my settings and data that I want wiped. I can't seem to find anyone else with a similar problem after hours of searching on Google. How do I fix this?

That's odd. Try following these steps and see if it helps: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31288

You may also want to try erasing all the data on the internal/external SD card to see if that helps. Let us know if you have any luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf