Is there a way to uninstall a system update?

irritated091

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm furious. I bought an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 today and now, I hate it. It had a system update to be installed, so I installed it, and didn't think anything of it. Mistake. Big mistake. It changed everything! I don't like it!

Please! Is there a way to undo this and restore my phone to how it was before I installed that update? If not, I'm just going to return it and hope I can get a refund. I suppose this serves me right for downloading something without knowing what it does. *sigh*

ETA: The update says 6.0.1, so I assume it updated from 6.0. So, the question is really how do I downgrade to that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It looks like you'd have to root the phone to flash the previous firmware--search the forums at xda-developers.com, which is usually a good resource for this kind of thing.

Can you be more specific about the issues you have? Maybe there's something we can help with.

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
6.0.1 has been stable for me. Have you tried powering off and on the device. Cleared cache in recovery mode. Try wiping and reset after backing up.