Touchscreen Issues While Charging

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I have searched Google and the local AC forums and can't find an answer to this, but I have been playing with my wife's Fire that I got her for Christmas and noticed while charging the touchscreen is acting rather screwy.
For instance, barely tapping the screen will register as a double tap. So if I were to open the settings menu by tapping the top right corner, the settings will open and instantly close again as though I tapped it twice.
or when trying to play Angry Birds, pressing on the screen and dragging to the left to view the setup the pigs are in results in a pinch to zoom gesture and zooms out all the way. When I try to slingshot a bird they drop right in front of the slingshot as though I released the bird without pulling back.
Scrolling in webpages and menues results in either the pressing of a link and no page movement or a zoom out or in.
Is anyone else having or heard of someone having this issue?

I'm not rooted and I'm running stock 6.2.1

Thanks

Last edited:

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that you weren't able to come across anything. I've had three Android smartphones prior to the Kindle Fire, and I'm a veteran of other Android forums - thus was an issue with the smartphones as well. Screwy things are known to happen on occasion when you use the device while it's plugged into a charger.

I once picked up an Android phone while it was plugged in and it activated an app-locking security app that I hadn't used in 6 months (good thing I remembered the password I had used). I haven't had an issue yet with the Fire, but if it did start happening it wouldn't surprise me.

It's especially pronounced when using a non-oem charger.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised that you weren't able to come across anything. I've had three Android smartphones prior to the Kindle Fire, and I'm a veteran of other Android forums - thus was an issue with the smartphones as well. Screwy things are known to happen on occasion when you use the device while it's plugged into a charger.

I once picked up an Android phone while it was plugged in and it activated an app-locking security app that I hadn't used in 6 months (good thing I remembered the password I had used). I haven't had an issue yet with the Fire, but if it did start happening it wouldn't surprise me.

It's especially pronounced when using a non-oem charger.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I have actually run across this before with my Moto Droid when trying to use my old Blackberry Storm charger. It has to do with variance in voltage output of various chargers I believe. The reason I bring it up was due to the fact it was charging via the included Fire wall charger and not a non-OEM charger or even via USB from my PC.

If it is a common issue I could probably deal with it, but if it is a device specific problem I will exchange it for a different/new one.

After initially receiving my Fire I had another screen problem where a single pixel wide yellow line appeared about a third of the way up the screen in portrait that ran the full width of the screen and I'm wondering if the two issues may be in some way related.

Joanna Clifton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this... I just got my Kindle Fire HD and I noticed that it was screwy when I tired to use it the first time. Then it went away and at first I wasn't sure what the issue was. It was happening off and on, :D I now realize it was happening very time I was trying to use it while charging. So thank you, I almost sent the thing back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87