app info showing when touched how to hide

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which probably has a way of turning it off.

That should only come up if you long-press an icon. How long are you pressing? In the system settings, you can also change how long it takes for a long-press to register, which can be helpful for some people if they find that they often accidentally drag and drop icons around the homescreen when they were only trying to tap them to open them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You could install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which probably has a way of turning it off.

That should only come up if you long-press an icon. How long are you pressing? In the system settings, you can also change how long it takes for a long-press to register, which can be helpful for some people if they find that they often accidentally drag and drop icons around the homescreen when they were only trying to tap them to open them.
I was trying see if Nova could do that , couldn't find a way

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you're right. In that case, the next best thing would be to increase the long-press interval to prevent this kind of accidental long-press. That can be found in Settings>Accessibility, under Touch & Hold Delay. On Pixel phones, there's Short, Medium, and Long. Not sure if you'll find the same options on your phone, whichever one it is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, you're right. In that case, the next best thing would be to increase the long-press interval to prevent this kind of accidental long-press. That can be found in Settings>Accessibility, under Touch & Hold Delay. On Pixel phones, there's Short, Medium, and Long. Not sure if you'll find the same options on your phone, whichever one it is.
Yeah that's a option .

androidspeed

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
so theres no way to completely disable this on android 10? also not if rooted?

ps. does anybody know if this is also showing on android 9, 8, 7 ?

thank you

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
so theres no way to completely disable this on android 10? also not if rooted?

ps. does anybody know if this is also showing on android 9, 8, 7 ?

thank you
I think we are talking about two different things. When you long press an icon you get a popup window with different options. This feature has been around for a long time and as far as I know it can't be disabled in most launcher.

The other thing is the notification badge with apps like WhatsApp. If you have this option enabled the popup menu after a long press will include any unread notification for that app. You can disable this badge/dot for any app. The steps could vary slightly depending on your phone, try in settings - apps - select the app - notifications - advanced - switch 'Allow notification dot' OFF.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the issue that you don't want the phone numbers showing up if you long-press the WhatsApp icon? In other words, is this more of a privacy issue?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Some third party launchers, like Nova, include an option to show or hide the notification content, but this option is not available in most stock launchers as far as I know.
Screenshot_20210118-141647.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
But in Nova, that allows or disallows for all apps, doing it in the app lets you have some apps badge and others not badge. Many people (I'm one of them) want only some showing.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
But in Nova, that allows or disallows for all apps, doing it in the app lets you have some apps badge and others not badge. Many people (I'm one of them) want only some showing.
Yes, that's correct. The good thing with Nova is that you can still keep the notification badge/dot active and hide the content. With the system setting is all or nothing.