Q release is simply 'Android 10'

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Speaking of things that are not professional-sounding, did you know that BGR stands for Boy Genius Report?:-\

I did XD

Makes sense...because some of their reviewers/the owner seem to have the combined mental age of a 6 year old boy who has slightly above average intelligence, I’ll give them that much.

Now here’s a question:

“Which is worse? Forbes or BGR?”

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I think you could write a whole dissertation on that.:p

If I managed to write one successfully I’m pretty sure that alone would be enough to get a master’s degree in journalism ;)

I would say to truly answer the question 1000 pages of A4 font 12 would be just enough XD.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only reason why Google Android chose 10 instead of dessert with Q is that they couldn't find anything that sounded good as a dessert treat for Q. So then want to make the ecosystem and the operating system. I'm not too too much of a problem then it just kind of sucks.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
The only reason why Google Android chose 10 instead of dessert with Q is that they couldn't find anything that sounded good as a dessert treat for Q. So then want to make the ecosystem and the operating system. I'm not too too much of a problem then it just kind of sucks.
This is not true. Dave Burke said explicitly on All About Android that had they stuck with desserts 10 would have been Queens Cake. It really was an international issue, trying to grow the brand in places other than America.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is not true. Dave Burke said explicitly on All About Android that had they stuck with desserts 10 would have been Queens Cake. It really was an international issue, trying to grow the brand in places other than America.
Yes, that is true. I'm sorry for phrasing like that. It just seems like a naming issue to me. But you're right to grow the brand, and for international users!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I will miss the dessert names but one thing is certain. For every new release, this forum will get the same posts like "When and where is my update" then after the update "This updates sucks how do I go back?"

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I will miss the dessert names but one thing is certain. For every new release, this forum will get the same posts like "When and where is my update" then after the update "This updates sucks how do I go back?"
Yep, Queens Cake or 10, the cycle will remain:
Upon release: Hey, this isn't as big an upgrade as it should be.
Shortly after release: I keep reading all these bad things. NOBODY wants to upgrade. This may be the worst most buggy release of Android ever.
Mid-Release: Hey, Google has fixed most of the problems.
Prior to new version: This version is SOOOO good, I don't want to upgrade.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
TBH , Q is extremely stable, fast and quite good on battery on my pixel 2. Dark mode is not finished yet as the mail app is still a Stark glaring white. But other than that I can't think of one complaint. Others will always find something I suppose. I'm also monitoring the new ios13 release on my iPhone 7 and it is ok but by comparison is still pretty buggy for being so close to final release. Q is quite solid.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
TBH , Q is extremely stable, fast and quite good on battery on my pixel 2. Dark mode is not finished yet as the mail app is still a Stark glaring white. But other than that I can't think of one complaint. Others will always find something I suppose. I'm also monitoring the new ios13 release on my iPhone 7 and it is ok but by comparison is still pretty buggy for being so close to final release. Q is quite solid.
Oh, I completely agree with you. Q or Android 10 is always been pretty stable. With Google Play services beta version, battery is super super amazing. I never charge my phone at home just in the car on Android Auto via USB. As far as dark mode the only thing that Google has to do is turn Gmail inbox dark and that's it. Everything else is stable, smooth, just like it should be.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep, Queens Cake or 10, the cycle will remain:
Upon release: Hey, this isn't as big an upgrade as it should be.
Shortly after release: I keep reading all these bad things. NOBODY wants to upgrade. This may be the worst most buggy release of Android ever.
Mid-Release: Hey, Google has fixed most of the problems.
Prior to new version: This version is SOOOO good, I don't want to upgrade.

Yep that's exactly how it goes lol. But it's hard to blame folks who have spent half a year or more putting up with bugs, and then finally getting a smooth os, for not wanting to turn around and do it all over again. And with pixels you can't even hold off on the update temporarily without going into developer options to turn it off, which can bring it's own set of problems, including not getting monthly security updates.

I wonder if a 2 year cycle wouldn't be better overall? But then you wouldn't keep folks as excited and engaged as with the "shiny new os" every year :-D

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That's good to hear :-D I still have a backup phone ready for a sim swap just in case I have to do a factory reset to get 10 working smoothly, which I might just do anyway ;-)
I also have to switch my wife over from her windows phone to Android, which she's never used before :O

There's going to be a lot of phone fun happening in the household lol.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if a 2 year cycle wouldn't be better overall? But then you wouldn't keep folks as excited and engaged as with the "shiny new os" every year :-D

I actually would like this. Maybe even for hardware. Can you imagine if car manufactures tried to change their body styles every year ?!?! There's no way.. Every 4-5 years works with that industry, I think a two year cycle for phones would work just as well.

OS for sure should be two years for major updates. Especially with the way that Android is decoupled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699