White Flash on Screen

toddddddd

Sep 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello.

For the past few weeks, when on Twitter, Youtube or Chrome apps, I'll be doing my stuff and then I get a quick flash on the screen that is a white window that then slides off to the right of the screen really quickly. It happens in about a twentieth of a second. If I'm watching a youtube vid, it minimizes the video to picture in picture. I've tried cleaning the screen and it happens even if I'm not holding the phone. In twitter or chrome, it just flashes. I've managed to capture the event and I've included a screenshot. Really it's just a white screen that comes up for some reason randomly. It seems to happen every couple of minutes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Android 11- Samsung s20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-082128_Video Player (002).jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-082128_Video Player (002).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 11

toddddddd

Sep 26, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Ok, so when I booted into safe mode and watched a youtube vid, after about two minutes it did it's little quick flash and minimized the video to picture in picture.

So I guess that means it's something on the system, but I don't recall this happening prior to about 3 weeks ago.

Hesitant to do a factory reset because I don't want to lose files etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Ok, so when I booted into safe mode and watched a youtube vid, after about two minutes it did it's little quick flash and minimized the video to picture in picture.

So I guess that means it's something on the system, but I don't recall this happening prior to about 3 weeks ago.

Hesitant to do a factory reset because I don't want to lose files etc.
It only happen in youtube videos?

toddddddd

Sep 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi. It happens using any app I believe, but I really only notice it in YouTube, Twitter or Chrome because those are really about the only things I use for any extended period.

Seems to happen maybe when the phone has been active for a couple of minutes. But again, I don't often stare at my phone for any extended period other than YouTube or Twitter so I think that's just when I notice it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi. It happens using any app I believe, but I really only notice it in YouTube, Twitter or Chrome because those are really about the only things I use for any extended period.

Seems to happen maybe when the phone has been active for a couple of minutes. But again, I don't often stare at my phone for any extended period other than YouTube or Twitter so I think that's just when I notice it.
Check play store if apps need to be updated same with galaxy store

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't sound like it could be related to the S View screen (i.e., what shows on the screen when using the S View flip cover), but just in case -- any magnets near the phone? Are you using a case that might have embedded magnets?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't sound like it could be related to the S View screen (i.e., what shows on the screen when using the S View flip cover), but just in case -- any magnets near the phone? Are you using a case that might have embedded magnets?
They using a S View case ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android System Webview just got an update on my phone, so you might also try updating it in the Play Store first to see if that fixes the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say, since we're still not sure what's behind it. I agree with mustang7757, it's worth a trial of uninstalling updates to Android System Webview.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87