Question PLAY BUTTON ON SCREEN

Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello

A play button suddenly appeared on the starter screen of youTube on my Samsung A 50. ( One Ui/Android 11 )

It is a black rectangle in the bottom right hand corner. It is fixed cannot be removed from the screen and cannot be moved on the screen. ( with finger, I mean )

If pressed Youtube starts to play a ( random ? ) video

I've looked in my phone settings, but can't find anything I could have done to cause this.

YouTube was completely useless when asked; every forum seems to be inactive.

This buttom appears only on Youtube starter page; it disappears when a video is playing and only appears on Youtube. Nowhere else on my phone and only on the starter page ( or whatever it is called )

Because this is really annoying I hope someone can help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022-074939_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022-074939_YouTube.jpg
    808.4 KB · Views: 15

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You mean ' cache '. I tried that; no difference I'm afraid.
No Data right next to cache
73724de13490864c1edb51237ea021e0.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the beta version of YouTube, or the stable version?

Also, go to YouTube's settings and tap "Try new features" -- anything there turned on?

This might be relevant:
As far as I know I'm using the nothing-special- about-this-version version.

When I go settings to ' try new features ' there are no experiments going on ( or words to that effect )

I did find out that when I engage ‘ incognito ‘ mode the play button disappears, but the resulting screen is not what it used to be. It now displays ‘ you are incognito ‘ and has a different selection of videos than when incognito is disengaged.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
It plays all kinds of videos. I can't see a system.

First it played the first at the top of the ' page ' and later I had to scroll down to find the video it was playing then..

Did I mention that I have this problem only on my Samsung phone, not on my iMac, ipad or my Mac.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
App developers do this kind of thing frequently. It could be a feature that was activated on the server side. Meta/Facebook does this all the time.

Try uninstalling all updates to YouTube and see if it persists in the factory-installed version. If it's not there, then try updating again and see if it reappears.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
App developers do this kind of thing frequently. It could be a feature that was activated on the server side. Meta/Facebook does this all the time.

Try uninstalling all updates to YouTube and see if it persists in the factory-installed version. If it's not there, then try updating again and see if it reappears.
B.Diddy

You were right. Uninstalled updates and it vanished; update again and there it reappeared

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter