Insert sim card to access network services

Boxersoft

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My wife bought an "as new" Samsung S2 Mini (GT-S6500) from eBay. It was locked to Orange but it seemed to unlock OK using instructions on the web (the relevant service screen now reports that it's no longer locked). It's not giving a mobile connection though. Under Settings it displays an "Insert sim card to access network services" message. I've tried a Factory Reset, but that doesn't help. I connected over USB to Kies which suggested a firmware update. I accepted that but still no change.

I've tried her SIM in my phone and it works OK. I'm fairly sure that my SIM worked in her phone during initial investigations (I go the the phones calling each other) but that's not working now.

Do I need to leave her phone sitting for a while with her SIM in it to get it to register with the network or something, or does it seem likely that there's a problem with her phone? Any suggestions gratefully received!

SteveR.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is that a question or an answer? By the way, this is a 6 year old thread in the prehistoric Gingerbread forum, so you may want to create a new thread in a more appropriate forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress