Couple Gingerbread Questions

spam33

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the CyanogenMod CM7 RC2 for the myTouch Slide. Love it so far, now working my way through the manual for all the new tips and tricks. Can't seem to figure out a couple things, wanted to toss them out to the group to see if ya'll could help...

1) How do I set up the phone so it will "join" with my Facebook account? You know, so my FB profile pic will appear when I'm texting people and doing other various things that would show my pretty mug.

2) Is there some sort of left-handed mode for the lock screen? It would be easier if I could unlock the phone by sliding my finger from right to left to unlock the phone.

3) I have 3 e-mail accounts. How do I make shortcuts to them on the desktop that will show the number of new e-mails? I had no problem making plain old shortcuts, but they never let me know if I have a new e-mail. And I know new e-mails will pop up in the notifications bar, but if they I get new messages in more than one account, the notifications takes me to that new combined inbox thing, which I am not a fan of.

4) When I use the volume button to change the ringer volume, I can only set ringer volume and set the phone to vibrate. The option to turn the ringer off is no longer there. Any thoughts on how to bring that back into action?

Thanks for the help. Appreciate the help.