Path from 2.2.2 to Icecream sandwich on verizon?

greenrob

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know how the update would work on verizon. Will they take us through gingerbread and honeycomb, or will update straight to icecream sandwich? Or will the update at all. I am on vz droid, if hardware matters. Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know how the update would work on verizon. Will they take us through gingerbread and honeycomb, or will update straight to icecream sandwich? Or will the update at all. I am on vz droid, if hardware matters. Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

If by VZ Droid, you mean the Droid 1 that was released 2 years ago, then I can promise you that it will never see ICS officially. The original droid never even officially was given gingerbread, but was made available through custom ROM's. Additionally, Honeycomb is tablet-only, and will never see the original droid. If you want ICS then save your pennies and get the Galaxy Nexus which comes with ICS, or the Droid RAZR and HTC Vigor/Rezound which will eventually be updated to ICS after their release.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Thx in advance!

If your manufacturer/carrier never bothered to upgrade your device to gingerbread they will probably not upgrade it to ics. This is unfortunate because there are a lot of devices that should get it but will not, your best option would be in the custom rom community, there should be builds of ics for your device sometime after the source code drops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty