Couple of HTC Amaze Problems.

PoWStriker

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Howdy! I peruse the forums quite a bit to figure out little fixes for my phone, but there are a couple problems that I haven't quite been able to find proper solutions for, even after asking on multiple other forum boards. I was hoping I might be able to find a solution here!

The first problem deals with the phone randomly shutting down (usually only when it's in my pocket). I've seen other posts regarding the topic, but the OPs usually stated that simply holding the power button would effectively turn the phone back on, or that the phone doesn't shutdown but rather reboots. My phone completely shuts down and requires that I take the battery out, wait 10-15 seconds, put it back in, and then hold the power button for an extended period of time in order for the phone to start up. The battery doesn't get extremely hot. It's usually around ~33-35C when it does this, but when I look at some of the other posts with similar problems, their batteries are ranging withing ~38-42C. I have seen that it may be a faulty battery, as shown in the other posts, but as I mentioned my problem is slightly different.

The second problem deals with streaming videos on browsers. Before the ICS update, I was able to stream videos on any browser, but after that OTA update I cannot. I have tried multiple browsers, including Dolphin, Firefox (my main browser), and Opera. I heard it may have to do with flash not supporting android anymore (after 4.0.x, whereas I'm only running 4.0.3), but I have checked my phone and I have Flash 11.1 already installed. The settings on my browsers are to enable plug-ins on tap (means that I would tap a video to start it, right?).

Lastly, as of now, I'm having a WiFi issue. It's not so much of an issue as a hindrance, though. Basically, I'm pretty much always in a WiFi zone, either being at home or on campus. When I get home from uni, WiFi automatically connects, no problem. When I'm at the uni, it will connect as soon as I get on campus, but when I walk from building to building, it loses connection and makes me reconnect. I go to hit reconnect, and it demands some credential password which I have never set. If I hit forget so that I can forget and reconnect to the network, it wants me to put in my screen unlock pattern. I draw the pattern to unlock it, but then it sort of refreshes and my pattern is gone and it doesn't let me continue with the process, so I have to go back to the home screen, back into settings, and clear credentials. Some posts said to continue to input incorrect passwords to allow a credential storage password reset, but that did not work. Some posts said to clear credentials, so I do that, but then I have to continuously type my login information whenever I move from class to class, which gets pretty irritating. The only way to connect to the WiFi is by disabling and reenabling the WiFi. Like I said, it's not a huge issue, rather a hindrance.

As for my phone specs, I'm not really a super tech so I haven't messed with anything. The phone is not rooted and is running Android 4.0.3. It is, however, unlocked, and I'm running it on ATT's network if that makes a difference. As stated in the title, it is an HTC Amaze 4g.

Let me know if I've posted in the wrong section or anything, and if I have, I apologize. I'm not one for posting on forums, rather one to creep around and hopefully find solutions.

Thanks for your time.