Am I missing something?

Audiyoda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The new GMail app is nice enough - but I seem to be missing something. I only get notifications for emails in my Primary tab - nothing when something lands in any of the four other tabs. This has become very frustrating because I rely on some emails that go to those tabs for part of my job.

Am I missing something or did Google do this with a purpose?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
The new GMail app is nice enough - but I seem to be missing something. I only get notifications for emails in my Primary tab - nothing when something lands in any of the four other tabs. This has become very frustrating because I rely on some emails that go to those tabs for part of my job.

Am I missing something or did Google do this with a purpose?
You have to turn on notifications for each label separately in "manage labels". I assume that's what you mean by tabs. Each account also has to be set up individually.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Audiyoda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Google could have made that a bit easier to find. Seems over redundant that I have notifications on and then I need to turn them on for each label/tab.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

Google could have made that a bit easier to find. Seems over redundant that I have notifications on and then I need to turn them on for each label/tab.
Totally agree but at the same time, I don't want notifications for each label so it was faster for me to turn on the ones I wanted than turn all off. But there should be a "include all folders" type of check box for those that want all on.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus