Annoying popup ad by zynga

shawnkahen

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've searched the forums and have not been able to find any similar situation but I do think its a problem that others have had. The problem is this:
An annoying popup ad appears on my phone every time I either install or uninstall an app. This ad appears to be correlated to the Zynga games I have installed on the phone. I am hoping to figure out a way to get rid of this ad without uninstalling the games. I have already denied all the relevant apps the ability to notify me.

I don't mind ads that are pushed within the app, but to have an ad appear every time I install something is ridiculous. Here is a snapshot of the problem:

Screenshot_2013-08-18-23-19-09.png

I have a LG Nexus running 4.3

Last edited:

shawnkahen

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No, it doesnt show up in the notification bar, but rather on top of the phone regardless of what youre doing, much like the chatheads feature that FB messenger utilizes. I'll repost the photo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you only install apps from Google Play, or do you use any other 3rd party app stores like GetJar or AppBrain?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It is a Zynga thing. One of the most annoying type of advertising. I had that issue with a living wallpaper one. Uninstalled it and I refuse to install any app that uses that type of advertising. Check out the reviews in some of the Zynga apps such as Zynga Poker and you will see others complain about it as well.

Niteshmg

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a similar issue...i keep getting the zynga poker ad each time. I dont know why. I have not even installed any zynga game. I have a Nexus 4 with android 4.3. Is there any fix to this? it annoying as Hell. I downloaded a couple of ad detector apps from play store. but to no avail. Please help me in getting rid of this pop up ad.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Zynga is an exceptionally pervasive company. Do you possibly have any Zynga apps on Facebook and the Facebook app on your phone?