Installation of apps?

Gdv2132

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I recently bought a LG Optimus F6, (LG Optimus F6 | T-Mobile) and I installed a couple of relatively small apps, the largest no more than 300 mb. However, it was dumped to internal storage, upon trying to install larger, 1GB+ apps, it would say insufficient external memory, even though I have a blank 32GB SD card installed. Restoring said phone, setting installation paths to external, (adb shell pm setinstalllocation 2) and a reboot, and even after root, none of these work. Any advice?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I installed a couple of relatively small apps, the largest no more than 300 mb.

I'm extremely curious to learn just what exactly you're downloading as I don't have anything remotely approaching 300 MB on my desktop PC!

The largest app I have installed on my phone is a tad over 30 MB so I'm rather confused here.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't change the path unless the device specifically allows you to, such as the Samsung Galaxy S4. Even then the whole app data won't be stored on the external sd card. It looks like you have 1.3 gb of available internal storage, so you need to install apps with caution or enable the "install apps to sd card" feature within the app settings (menu > system settings > applications).

Also keep in mind that not all apps allow you to move the data to the external sd card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress