Galaxy S3 Exchange Contacts No Longer Syncing

gdayko

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all:

I have a Galaxy S3 that uses MS Exchange to sync my email, calendar, tasks, and contacts through my Office365 account. Everything has worked great for months. A few days ago, I noticed that contacts I had been adding to Outlook on my PC were not showing up on my phone. After checking all of the basic stuff (contacts to display set correctly, sync turned on, auto-sync checked, etc.), I discovered that the Contacts had not synced since mid-January (date/time stamp under Settings/Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync/Settings/More Settings). All "sync" boxes are checked, and the Calendar, Email, Tasks, and Text Messages are all syncing, with current date and time stamps. For some reason, even though the Contacts sync box is also checked, Contacts have not updated since January.

I have tried unchecking boxes, restarting phone, removing and reinstalling account, and everything else I could find on these forums. But nothing works. After re-installing the account on the phone, the Contacts "sync" box is checked, but there is no date/time stamp at all. If I look on Settings/Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync/Accounts, the Sync Contacts box is checked, and it shows a current date/time stamp. But the contacts are not syncing, and no contacts show up on the phone for this exchange account. The contacts are making it from my PC to Office365, as those contacts do show up in the web based Office365 contact list. But the contacts are not making it from there to my phone.

Anyone else encounter an issue like this? Any advice on how to fix? I am spending the afternoon trying to create a temporary work-around, but I run my own consulting business, and having access to my contacts is critical. So what I really need is a permanent solution. Any insight folks can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

RobertAtFox

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a solution as yet but I wanted you to know that I have one client experiencing the same issue. My organization migrated to Office 365 and while most of our android phones are fine, we have one Galaxy S3 with the same symptoms.

If I find an answer I will post it here -

Lisa E

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
4-10-14: I am having the identical problem on Samsung S3. Just discovered it. It stopped downloading on 2-20-14. I've tried absolutely everything to no avail. Did you ever find a solution?