Need help with Samsung GS3

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm attempting to help my daughter with her GS3. The device is currently in SAFE MODE and and the storage is nearly full. She also has said the device has been rebooting on its own. She is currently deleting apps she is not using. She does not have an SD card installed. I know how to get around my BlackBerry, but am unfamiliar with the ins and outs of Android. Her device is the Sprint version running 4.3. Any help pointing me in the right direction to get her device back in top running condition would be greatly appreciated....

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, see if the battery is ok. A quick way to tell is to remove it, place it on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which means it's failing, and you should replace it.

The next useful thing to try is a cache partition wipe, which can clear out temporary system data that might be mucking things up. No personal data will be lost. See the instructions here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Let us know if those tips don't help.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I had actually come across that very thread while looking through the forums! LOL....I did as you suggested with the cache partition wipe. Also, I rebooted the device. Prior to doing any of that, I had her go through and remove all the apps she was no longer using or no longer wanted. All of that gave nearly half of her device memory back and took it out of Safe Mode. Thanks for the info! I'm glad I did not have to do a factory reset, and she is happy to not have to start over. Thanks again!

Last edited: