Why my android status bar clock got stuck?

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I am using ainol Novo 7 Venus Tablet and it was working fine for two years but I encountered an error two days ago. My status bar clock got stuck. Lock screen and settings clock is working fine but it happens only for the status bar clock. I reset my tablet several times but after few hours I encountered the same error. Status bar clock only updates when I switch my tablet from landscape to portrait or vice versa or manually updating the time from settings but the clock stuck again.
Any body has solution to overcome this error

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azdxyl2-SI

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Okay I found out which thing was causing this problem. When I uninstalled updates of four apps Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and ES File Explorer, the status bar clock was fixed. Right now I am not able to pin point which app was causing the problem but it has to be one of the four apps I mentioned.

P51L023

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this thread, i know it's pretty old but i ran into the same problem with my Asus Transformer TF700T

After reading this it was very easy for me to pinpoint which app caused this problem as i had only Gmail installed and no others apps listed here.

After uninstalling all updates for Gmail application the clock worked fine again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099