How do I delete documents from the downloads folder?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Have Nexus 5. I have downloaded a few restaurant menus from Web site's. They are in PDF format. I selected Downloads from the app drawer, looked at them then tried to delete them. I can't find any option to delete. When I select help I get Quickoffice help telling me to press the Trash can Icon. There is no trash can Icon on the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Have Nexus 5. I have downloaded a few restaurant menus from Web site's. They are in PDF format. I selected Downloads from the app drawer, looked at them then tried to delete them. I can't find any option to delete. When I select help I get Quickoffice help telling me to press the Trash can Icon. There is no trash can Icon on the screen.

open the download app or use file manager like ES explorer

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am in the download app and there is no option to delete anything. I also have Astro file manager and when I open it and select a folder I am taken right back to the same app or screen or whatever it is that has no option to delete anything.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are new to this, ES File Explorer is too complicated, start off with this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.speedsoftware.explorer&hl=en&token=x-bHwzhW

In KITKAT Please download a PDF into the download folder and tell me why I cannot delete anything from this folder. We used to be able to select a document and delete it. I am not new to this because use Astro file manager and was always able to delete, copy,move create, rename or do anything else with a file. Now Astro opens in this same app that will not allow delete operations.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it, no problem, and no reason why there should be a problem. I think that's a specific issue with your device or the permission of the file. Maybe it's already deleted and you just need to reboot the phone and allow the files to rescan.

Sometimes files can become corrupted. I used and older version of ES File Explorer that created random corrupt cache files and the only way to remove them was to format the whole partition.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I downloaded ES -File EXPLORER when I select the download folder it shows icons for the all contents. When I select a PDF I get a dialogue asking me to pick an application. Quick office or quick office pro(pro was already installed on my tablet) So ES file Explorer, just like Astro will not perform any operations.

Do you mind listing each step you are taking to delete a PDF or document file from the download folder?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
One other thing. I went into quick office pro to download
Folder and it will let me access the file and delete it.

This issue exists on my new N5 and my N7 that received the ota update

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok I downloaded ES -File EXPLORER when I select the download folder it shows icons for the all contents. When I select a PDF I get a dialogue asking me to pick an application. Quick office or quick office pro(pro was already installed on my tablet) So ES file Explorer, just like Astro will not perform any operations.

Do you mind listing each step you are taking to delete a PDF or document file from the download folder?

You need to press and hold the file you want to delete, in ES File Explorer. Then at the bottom you'll see your options to copy, delete, rename, etc. :)

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I see the options after pressing and holding, in e-file Explorer and Astro.

Thanks again

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
One last question. I went to quick office in the app list and decided to disable it. I didn't because I was asked if I wanted to use the factory version instead. Does anyone know what this factory version is? Is it the full version of Quickoffice?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed a similar thing. In my download folder on my Nexus 5 there is a file called images.jpg. Tapping it gives me a choice of viewer and the gallery app just opens a blank screen, the photos app opens with "media not found" and the image gallery app opens with "operation failed". Using the file manager app shows the folder empty as does Windows Explorer when connected to a PC. Seems to just be a ghost entry in the system some where.

jimmigee

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and it drove me crazy. You have to long press the file and a menu box opens with delete. Then you can delete the file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non