Gmail icon disappeared after KitKat update

ascanio1

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I updated my SM-N9005 to official KitKat, root, CWM recovery.

I lost the gmail app icon.

The app itself works. When I receive an email, the gmail app notifies me and in Play Store gmail appears as "installed".

Please help me to restore the icon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 with Tapatalk

Last edited:

ascanio1

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I already found the answer:
The icon is inside the Google container! How obvious! I leave this post online to help any other user who updates to KitKat.

TahoeMike00

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I already found the answer:
The icon is inside the Google container! How obvious! I leave this post online to help any other user who updates to KitKat.

WTF is a Google container? :)

But I did stumble on a way to get the shortcut back on my home screen. Beings how I couldn't find the icon in the all apps menu, I just used the search magnifying glass icon and typed in gmail and it popped up. Then I dragged and dropped onto my home screen But yet the icon in nowhere to be seen in the all apps menu.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
WTF is a Google container? :)

But I did stumble on a way to get the shortcut back on my home screen. Beings how I couldn't find the icon in the all apps menu, I just used the search magnifying glass icon and typed in gmail and it popped up. Then I dragged and dropped onto my home screen But yet the icon in nowhere to be seen in the all apps menu.

Click on the Google icon in your apps. That will open the Google folder with all of your Google apps, including Gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty