Unlocking and Rooting HTC One (Verizon)

Justin Moore5

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Please can someone help me Unlock and Root my Android device. Htcdev.com (Dosn't work), Rumrunner (Dosn't work), and Firewater (Won't work). I am new to the world of rooting. If I might be doing something wrong, please let me know. (Android kitkat 4.4.2)(Verizon wireless)(hboot 1.56) Thank you!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Please can someone help me Unlock and Root my Android device. Htcdev.com (Dosn't work), Rumrunner (Dosn't work), and Firewater (Won't work). I am new to the world of rooting. If I might be doing something wrong, please let me know. (Android kitkat 4.4.2)(Verizon wireless)(hboot 1.56) Thank you!

The first step would be to unlock the bootloader. 4.4.2 is rather new, but the steps should be the same. Did you submit the token correctly?

Justin Moore5

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I did, but when it comes to HTC, Verizon has restricted anyone with a Verizon device from unlocking their phones from this site. I have been looking for alternatives.

Justin Moore5

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Usually, you have to get SuperCID to allow HTCDev to give you an Unlock Code.

Yeah, thats for everyone BUT verizon customers. They have cracked down on rooting after being fined by the FCC for blocking rooting apps.

I did on the other hand discover why I couldn't unlock my (Verizon HTC One Device). The recent update to my phone (Kitkat) upgraded from (hboot 1.55) to (hboot 1.56). There is no possible way to unlock Verizon htc devices until the new codes are created. This process is in the works as we speak. Thanks for your Help.

NOTICE: If you too are a Verizon customer looking root your device after this devastating update, bookmark this link, and as soon as the resources are released. I will update you along with the proper instructions on how to root your device.

shawn01

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
NOTICE: If you too are a Verizon customer looking root your device after this devastating update, bookmark this link, and as soon as the resources are released. I will update you along with the proper instructions on how to root your device.

Looking for an update on the above....

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I am also looking for a way to unlock/root my Verizon HTC One that is currently running stock 4.4.2 kitkat. I have searched everywhere and have come up with nothing. I'm relatively new to android, since coming from iOS last month. I've also tried Kingo with no success.

ThatArchVillan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep I'm on the same boat. Got this phone through work and battery life is garbage. One question that I've asked on xda that I'm curious about: how does one run HTC sense with a custom ROM like cyanogen mod 11, and by doing so can they still use the remote app that comes with stock ROM on the HTC one? As of this post I've been using the phone for 20 mins and battery already burned 23%....

briansis9299

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey Villan something doesn't seem right, I use my phone 14 hours plus a day not heavy use but enough and it is never under 30 % when I plug it in for the night.

jonblackwell

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I was able to unlock my new HTC one with 4.4.2 and hboot 1.56

Look online for the app WeakSauce v1.0.1 and install it. This will give you root access to your device.

Then download firewater, follow the instructions on their site and it will unlock and S-off your device.

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
wow this is great news! Can you please give me some quick info - all I want to achieve is a rooted, de-bloated verizon HTC One. I have been able to install weaksauce and achieve root, but now I'm not sure how to remove all the bloatware. I finally achieved S-Off after about 10 tries with Firewater. I'm honestly not sure what I did that finally made it work, All I know is that I made sure the weaksauce root was active before initiating the firewater procedure (which i thought I was doing before).
I found a root-only app on the app-store that uninstalls any app called "root uninstaller". Only thing I would like to ask is how to install a custom firmware.

Last edited:

Jackson K

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So can anyone tell me quickly how would I go about installing WeakSauce? Do I have to save it on android sdk?

EDIT: nvm, now I just have to get firewater working. Did you guys skip the supersu step? I didnt but I cant get s-off. Doing my third attempt now.

I keep getting mtp usb "device did not properly install" everytime after I do adb reboot when I run firewater. Is that a problem? I cant get past the last step. I'm in the root, but after I put in "/data/local/tmp/firewater" nothing happens.

EDIT: I unlocked it. Possibly because I didn't have the screen active when pushing firewater? Or that I had to redownload firewater too?

Whatever, some wierd combination finally made it work. Now I have to find a way to make it work with tmobile...

Last edited:

jonblackwell

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Download and install Cyanogenmod, it's a nice clean version of Android and it works really well without all the bloat that Verizon puts on it's phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non