Deleted Emails Re-appearing

yuryumansky

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first time posting here and I was hoping someone could help me. I did some searching and haven't found anything that directly adresses my issue.

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a Galaxy S5. I have 2 email accounts set up (Gmail & Yahoo) through the stock email application. When I delete emails form my yahoo account on my phone they do not delete from the server and so if i go to my email on a computer they are all still there as unread and if I sync my phone they all re-appear.

When I set up the yahoo mail i simply clicked add account in the stock android email applicaiton and put in my cridentials. It did the automatic setup. When I go into the incoming server settings it is set to IMAP. Also I do not see an option to "delete from server".

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I never had this issue with my GS3.

Thank You!!

Jerrduford

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I would remove and re-create the email account - Ensuring you are always using IMAP/SMTP and never POP3. With a true IMAP setup, any changes you make on your device will be synced back to your yahoo. Make sure Sync is on.

Alternatively, go into yahoo and setup forwarding to gmail, log out of yahoo, remove the yahoo account, and never look back. :p

CTW_949

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Assuming the account settings are correct to ‘delete from server’, I found that ONLY by SWIPING the email(s) into Deleted Status followed by a ‘Refresh’ would actually delete emails from my server.
...good luck