Why is my Nexus 5 running KitKat saying I'm using ~700MB for pictures, but I have none on my phone?

ryancab

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 running KitKat says I'm using ~700MB for pictures, but I have none on my phone

Hi. I just got a Nexus 5 and I'm running KitKat (4.4.4). I have my phone set up to auto backup all of my photos and videos to Google+ and then I delete them from the local device. Even though I do this and I have no photos, or videos, on the device itself, when I go to "Settings > Storage", the phone says that I'm using 706MB of space for photos and videos. Is this just a software bug? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 running KitKat says I'm using ~700MB for pictures, but I have none on my phone

It's probably pictures downloaded from websites, that don't show up when you're looking at pictures. Clear your web browser's cache.

ryancab

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 running KitKat says I'm using ~700MB for pictures, but I have none on my phone

It's probably pictures downloaded from websites, that don't show up when you're looking at pictures. Clear your web browser's cache.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that wasn't it. I deleted the cache in the 2 browsers I use (Chrome and Puffin) and it had no impact. I also did an additional test where I took some photos and watched the "Photos, videos" storage measurement increase as a result of this. Then I deleted the photos locally from the device and the new, higher storage size still remained. So the device is continuing to count all photos (local, or on Google+) and counting them towards the local storage usage. Strange, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89