How do I change the default Home screen on Lollipop?

sprocket42

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Changing default Home screen on Lollipop

Hey there,

Stock 5.0.1 user here. I have 3 home screens, and I prefer the 2nd (middle) one to be the default screen.

However, Lollipop treats the 1st (left-most) screen as the default Home screen by default, and I can't find a way to change it.

Why does this matter?

- Home screen is the one displayed on reboot by default
- Pressing Home button while on home screen switches to the default screen

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Changing default Home screen on Lollipop

You'll need to use another launcher. There are a bunch on the Play Store which offer much more customization than the stock launcher.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

You'll need to use another launcher. There are a bunch on the Play Store which offer much more customization than the stock launcher.

Agreed, except none of the third-party launchers provide the swipe-right Google Now feature like Google Now Launcher does (AFAIK). I use Nova Launcher, and I love it, but I miss that feature.

ickymini

May 6, 2014
Visit site

having a launcher is a way to go! i love customizing and keeping it simple. I've beein using dodol launcher and i love it!

CooLOnE

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

You can change the home screen using the OS. Go to a page where there is an empty spot. Click and hold on the empty spot. The screen will change to show three options at the bottom and a slightly smaller version of your pages. At the top of each page is a little house. Scroll to the page you want to use and click the house. That designates that as the main home page.

Posted via the Android Central App

CooLOnE

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-12-12-17-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-12-17-07.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 29

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Presuming the OP may already be aware of this and/or it is not really what he wants to do, but..

As in the screenshot above, in the stock launcher you can tap and hold on any of the mini screen images and drag left or right to change the order of the pages.

matze0611

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Agreed, except none of the third-party launchers provide the swipe-right Google Now feature like Google Now Launcher does (AFAIK). I use Nova Launcher, and I love it, but I miss that feature.

With Nova, you can long press the application button and modify it. So if you swipe this button up, you will see google now cards.
I think it makes no difference if you swipe your screen to the left or swipe the button up.

Attachments

• 36519.jpg
    36519.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13

simplereader

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

any solution...? :-(

Hey there,

Stock 5.0.1 user here. I have 3 home screens, and I prefer the 2nd (middle) one to be the default screen.

However, Lollipop treats the 1st (left-most) screen as the default Home screen by default, and I can't find a way to change it.

Why does this matter?

- Home screen is the one displayed on reboot by default
- Pressing Home button while on home screen switches to the default screen

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Nick94928

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
You can change the home screen using the OS. Go to a page where there is an empty spot. Click and hold on the empty spot. The screen will change to show three options at the bottom and a slightly smaller version of your pages. At the top of each page is a little house. Scroll to the page you want to use and click the house. That designates that as the main home page.

Thank you so much!
Note, you barely see the little house at the top, it is faint, but it is there...look for it.
I am so happy to have my home screen back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Morgan

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Easy Solution....
Home Screen is pretty desinated.
Go to the current homescreen..
LONG TAP and Move to new position..
Rearrange you apps accordingly...
Hope this helps.. FJM

Fu lan

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
For Android Marshmallow 6, try this.
From the Home screen, pinch with 3 fingers. Not 2, but 3 fingers.
The rest, you know what to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member