Question How can I make widgets full screen on an android device?

Squegg88

Oct 2, 2023
Visit site
I am trying to make a "custom default home screen"where it displays weather, calendar and football scores/ results. I have added five widgets on a homescreen . The problem is I cant make it full screen as it leaves a taskbar. It would be great if I could have a scrolling carousel widget that scrolls through widgets instead of cramming them all on one small screen. As a screensaver would be even better. Is this possible?
Thanks

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Stackable widgets are available in both Niagara and Smart launcher. They infinitely scroll (i.e., wrap-around) in Niagara, but are limited to a maximum of four. I don't know the limit for Smart 6 (it's more than four though), but they do not have infinite scroll; to return to the first widget, you have to swipe all the way back (so you probably don't want too many in the stack, regardless of what the limit is).

Squegg88

Oct 2, 2023
Visit site
Stackable widgets are available in both Niagara and Smart launcher. They infinitely scroll (i.e., wrap-around) in Niagara, but are limited to a maximum of four. I don't know the limit for Smart 6 (it's more than four though), but they do not have infinite scroll; to return to the first widget, you have to swipe all the way back (so you probably don't want too many in the stack, regardless of what the limit is).
Is there a way to auto scroll through them I can only get it to work by swiping. Kinda like a carousel mode or something? Thanks

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Is there a way to auto scroll through them I can only get it to work by swiping. Kinda like a carousel mode or something? Thanks
I know of no such function, and I don't think you are likely to find it elsewhere. One of the main drivers for stackable widgets is that they aren't constantly running, syncing, and draining battery. An auto-scroll, which would also wake up the widgets, sounds like it would be a battery killer.

Reactions: Laura Knotek