My Yahoo Messenger app killing battery after Lollipop upgrade, why?

hanginghelmet

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Yahoo Messenger app killing battery after Lollipop upgrade

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Virgin Mobile network. My phone just upgraded to Lollipop and now the Yahoo Messenger app is killing my batter life. The battery usage shows it has used 35% today!!! That's ridiculous. I only used it for a few messages. Prior to lollipop the usage for that app would be only 3-4%. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions or suggestions?? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!!

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Yahoo Messenger app killing battery after Lollipop upgrade

I gave up on the Facebook app with Lollipop, preferring to use the m.facebook.com site on my browser (with Chrome, you can even add a shortcut to it on a Home screen) - its fast and it enabled the ability to use Messenger directly from the Facebook site, rather than need another (in your case, battery draining) app.

hanginghelmet

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

thanks for the reply but what does Facebook have to do with Yahoo Messenger? Plus I dont have Facebook

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Oops. Sorry! Missed 'Yahoo', saw Messenger - and Facebook's product is a challenge, too. Not sure what Yahoo's issues are - I use Yahoo Mail app and it keeps making it less appealing with each 'upgrade'; so not surprised to hear it's products may also cause tech issues with device. Short of checking to see if you can adjust the 'push' frequency, a full uninstall /reinstall (or worse, a Factory Reset), I'm not sure there's a fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89