Feedback on lollipop

BRM2290

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Tmobile
SM-N900T

I really wish i had not updated to Lollipop. I really hate what they have done. They should have left it alone. I'd like to share the things that i don't like about this update with you guys and get your feedback.

-When charging, an icon at the top of the screen says "Battery Fully Charged", it will not go away unless you unplug the charger.

-Lock Screen: Clock is smaller now. When you receive a new text messgae, it says New Message, instead of who it's from

-Notification Panel: I don't like the color blue. Why can't we change that? If i receive an email, i get an icon at the top of the screen. When i go into email and read it, the icon is still there, until i go into notification panel and clear it.

App Screen: I don't like the file forders Samsung, Google, Galaxy Plus, and T-mobile. I like the way it was before when it wasn;t a file folder, but rather icons in icons.

Settings: I definetly don't like the white background and the blue. Why can't we change that.

Text message: Again, the color layout. I think it's ugly. Now let's say i have my phone on vibrate, and i receive a new text message, my phone will vibrate for 2-3 seconds. Vibration is too long. Is there a way to change that setting? I checked in settings and couldn't find it. if you have the contacts text message opened and receive a new message, it will not vibrate at all. Also the green "Compose" icon hovering on the screen. Option to move it please.

Searching on google: If i search for something, for example, something related to android central, i will click the link and view it in the app. Then, when i'm done, i will press Back, and it will take me back through the app going through every screen untill i'm at the front menu, instead of go back to google where i was originally so, maybe i can try searching for something else. It does that for other apps too.

Call Dial Tones: They still haven't gotten this right? When will we ever have dial tones same as a landline?

Whenever i start typing and make a mistake and use the blue arrow to slide it across to where i need it, it is smaller now than before and a little more difficult.

That's just a few things. I haven't gone through everything yet. I really want to go back to kitkat. Anyone know of an easy way to do it? I remember years ago i had blackberyy, (when it was popular) and we had the option to go back to another os if we wanted to. Maybe this could be an option in furthur updates?

Last edited:

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
All but the last two of those are Samsung choices, not Google's.

The link into apps is a much more complex issue than you realize. Deep linking takes tons of work on the app developer's part, and is pretty finicky at best.

The dial tone, not sure what your problem is. Whats the use case you're considering?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You can swipe away the fully charged notification, but I wish it would time out like other notifications do.

For call dial tones, I think he's referring to the stupid dripping water touchpad tones. I keep looking for the old DTMF tones but haven't found them yet.

BRM2290

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, as far as call dial tones, i do mean the dripping sound. Why can't a 2 sound like a 2, 6 as a 6, 9 as a 9. Same sound as a landline telephone. Not only dialing a phone number, but in call as well. For example, if your calling your doctor and have to go through automated message and have to press 1, then press 2 etc etc, the sound should be exactly like a landline. Hopefully i'm explaining it correctly. That's the best i can do.

Posted via Android Central App

DachsieMom

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
BRM2290

It's because of posts like yours, that I have held off, and now it looks like I'm not going to upgrade at all, ever ...

Some people are having regrets daily, and I don't need that kind of stress on a daily basis in my life!

You have confirmed that my decision was the right one.

"If it ain't broke,
don't fix it"

Posted via Android Central App

Segameister

May 7, 2015
Visit site
S4 phone. My biggest compliant is the voice commands function. It took me while to get comfortable with using it so I listen to music while I walk (only use one headphone for safety). It really sucked having to take the phone out of my belt case to change song (can only do that via the screen), so I made myself get used to it, and it worked pretty well.

WorkED.

With the upgrade it is unresponsive 95% of the time. :mad: Completely useless. Didn't Lollipop go through any testing? I don't see how it could change so radically. I'm tempted to buy a watch to make switching toons easier and safer, but have a hard time spending another $300-ish to reward poor design.

Why not let us 'uninstall' the upgrade? We can go back to the old version, like when M$ let users of Vista (right name I think) return to XP.:.

InigoMontoya1

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't really care how hard the problem is to solve (it's not by the way). They had this working well before. Now it's maddening to use. Defend this POS update if it makes you feel better. It's been a material regression.