Lock scren (PIN) gets messed up now and then

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, GS5, Stock.

Ever since the Lollipop update a couple weeks ago, I've had a few instances where my lock screen gets all wonky. It still works but the button are just all messed up. (See screenshot).

If I reboot the phone it goes back to normal. Anyone seen this before or have a similar problem?

2015-04-09 11.43.39.jpg

scattersnap

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm running Lollipop 5.0.1 (Vodafone Germany branding) on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505). After some internal Google component Playstore update (around 30MB don't remember the exact name), I've seen this issue for the first time.
Also just briefly before that I had to change my PIN due to an Airwatch MDM requirement.

I decided to reboot and now I'm not able to log in with my new or old password (my phone is encrypted). There seems to be at least one more reported case with the password (topic: Galaxy Tab S no longer recognizes decrypt password shortly after Lollipop update).

I would believe that the lock screen behavior on my phone had to do with the Google component update (which I can not check now since I'm locked out of my phone).