Why does Juice defender keep crashing in Lollipop?

Salil

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
juice defender keeps crashing in lollipop

Juice defender the battery saver app keeps crashing on lollipop. Any fix or alternative for this.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: juice defender keeps crashing in lollipop

Juice Defender is not good. Battery savers/optimizers are a waste of time. They usually actually use more power than they save.

Uninstall Juice Defender and don't replace it with anything at all.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Fuzzfeatures

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Actually I did an experiment over a period of a couple of weeks anticipation of getting a phone upgrade - one week I used my phone as usual with juice defender running and the second week i disabled it. I used it in much the same way each week.

Juice defender did make my phone last longer - usually i got home from work with 20-30% more battery left when it was running. In the week that It wasnt running, I had to plug my phone in for it to last the rest of the evening.

This of course will vary depending on how you use your phone. I work 12hrs a day four days a week and cant necessarily use my phone frequently at work. Juice defender saves battery life by switching off mobile data and wifi etc while the phone is asleep, only switching on at specified intervals to allow apps to sync etc. If you have your phone awake quite a lot, it wont save you as much battery power as it would for someone like me who has his phone asleep for up to 4 hours at a time. So i guess it works for some and not for others. Yes i know that it's easy to disable all the wifi,mobile data and bluetooth manually, but juice defender does this automatically(convenient for forgetful people like me) and it also allows apps to sync periodically (greate if you want to reply to messages reasoably promptly without having to faff around)

+1 for Juice defender
-1 for lollipop not playing nice with Juice defender

:D:D