Get rid of "speed dial" boxes on my default page for dialing phone numbers?

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
When I open my phone app on my phone, I see something that looks like this: https://i.stack.imgur.com/BYQmh.jpg . Then, if I want to dial a phone number, I need to hit that icon at the bottom middle of the screen that looks like a phone keypad. There's no other way for me to dial a number. It's really annoying because it fills my "speed dial" with work contacts and I keep accidentally dialing them! It's very embarrassing.

I can delete the boxes by dragging them, but names I don't want still keep filling those boxes up. How can I stop the screen from add speed dials on its own that I haven't marked as favorites? Alternatively, how can I make the app just show me the keypad to manually dial numbers without being *forced* to go to the speed dial screen first?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? I'm not sure if you can stop that behavior -- the Speed Dial (aka Favorites) tab will show your Starred contacts as well as frequently called contacts. Most phone apps don't default to the dialpad when you open it, although you can look in your Phone app's settings to see if there is some kind of default option.