Keyboard cursor bouncing around while correcting text

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
On my last few (literally 3-4 phones, I switch every two months or so) I've noticed a CONSTANT problem where when I type out a sentence or paragraph etc and there are inevitably corrections I have to make, when I put the cursor where needed to make the corrections I then start to make the correction the cursor IMMEDIATELY jumps somewhere (sometimes forward, sometimes backwards) within 1-3 words of where I was and thus he correction I was making not only doesn't fix what I was correcting, but creates a new typo that I now need to correct. Sometimes this can go on for so long i just give up. Other times it happens once, maybe twice and I can finally get it done.

I primarily use the Google keyboard, but for ****s and giggles I've also tried Swiftkey and the standard Samsung keyboard with my previous phones (note 5 and s7e).

I can't figure this out and it's DRIVING ME NUTS!

This seems to be a Marshmallow thing as it NEVER was a problem before Marshmallow but it has been a problem on every phone I've owned with Marshmallow and it's ALSO doing it on my tab s2 8" ever since it got Marshmallow.

Please help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel