How can I MOVE my games and apps to my sd card there is no option to MOVE

Jay Smith 1960

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Huawei Ascend XT H1611 it is running marshmallows 6.0 there is no option to MOVE in apps manager. I have a 64GB sd card but can't store to it. When I make it internal storage my games do not load ...please help

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. If you make the SD card internal storage then you essentially no longer have a separate card and therefore do not need to 'move' anything there. If the SD card is formatted as external storage you cannot move apps to it unless they are coded to allow it. If there is no option in the apps manager to move then you are unable to.

Jay Smith 1960

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your response.When l make my format my sd and select it as internal storage,reboot then my games will not load they try but stop.got a new 64GB Samsung UHS-1 sd card still no luck the games are big and need storage. I even tried factory reset then downloaded my game (CSR Racing 2) it runs fine until I change my sd to internal will not boot when l change back the sd to external storage it boots. Please help....

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Adoptable storage seems a bit overrated given the pros and cons. I recommend staying with the SD card formatted as external storage.

Check the settings in the game. Some well written apps will let you store their data on the SD card while the app stays on the internal storage. (Check your camera app for this feature, too.)

You have already transferred your pictures, movies, music, and documents to the SD card, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang