Latest Android N release = dreadful battery drain

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My 6P is doing fine however I didn't do an OTA, I installed the factory image which has the side effect of doing a factory reset. Try doing a factory reset, that might fix your problem.

Prabhod Sunkara

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
My issue seems to have resolved, although I haven't really done anything. I just let it die and recharged and that seem to have done it. It strange as I have done multiple hard reboots and the phone itself rebooted multiple times. I have N Beta on Nexus 6

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the OS just needs time to stabilize. After I installed DP5 on my Nexus 6 my battery life looked like it was draining faster, but after a couple days it seems normal again. This also my first DP install directly from Marshmallow.

I have a 1st gen Moto 360 and the battery seems to be working as usual on that device as well. I'm not seeing the same drain others are.

mweba

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Did a reset on phone and watch. All is well in the world again. Literally had to set the watch on charger for a third time today though. Holy drain.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have my 6p running latest developer preview 5 and battery seems fine. Did the regular ota download and everything.

On a side note, I wonder if there's a difference in battery life running developer preview 5 on the 6p vs the 6 regards of screen size, and battery size though.

Here's a screenshot of what my battery looks like so far.
44d0c2e9dfc4f85639915a5765d9ddbe.jpg

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there's a difference in battery life running developer preview 5 on the 6p vs the 6 regards of screen size, and battery size though.
Certainly seems reasonable since the N6 display is bigger and all of its components are a year older.

One thing I find odd is that both battery life and Bluetooth connectivity have improved on my Nexus 6 about a week after the DP5 OTA. The battery thing seems understandable given the size of the OTA, but the BT thing seems spooky.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean I'm not Sure if people here are complaining about the battery life on developer preview 5 with the 6p or the older 6. I mean again, mine is good , and the Bluetooth car connectivity finally improved as to where it's usable again.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mines fine so far at least. As everyone has asked, possibly try uninstalling the last app you installed right before or after the update

Jt Rolfsen

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Battery stats aren't advising so far of apps using the battery. Running this on a Nexus 6. Worst performance of battery I've ever seen on all releases since day one of Nougat being available

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here on the Nexus 6. I thought maybe my battery was going bad, but looking online i think it is just the beta. Battery goes from 88 to 42 just watching a 40 minute youtube video. Pokemon go drains the entire battery in just over 1 hour

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
As the title suggests, just installed the latest update and my battery is now going to be empty in 3 hours.

When I installed the update I was at 91% and it's now at 60% in an hour.

None of the versions prior have had this issue 😕

Posted via the Android Central App

Maybe the phone is still adjusting to the new OS. know from the Blackberry side, every time we load a new OS the battery life isn't great for a couple days but then it picks up and works wonderfully. Maybe there are some process working in the background you don't know about. If only you had DTEK ;)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Again, with my 6p and developer preview 5 on it, my phones battery has been fine. Although Nougat should officially be coming out soon regardless.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5x and Android 7 beta 5 are doing just fine. I had to charge my Nexus every couple of days before beta 5 and I still charge every two or three days.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the phone is still adjusting to the new OS.
That was my experience with DP 5. Battery life on my N6 seemed to take a minor hit immediately after the update, but all was fine again within 72 hours or so and after a few top-ups on the charger. Sort of an extended optimization period.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the joys of owning an Android handset. Get used to it! Sorry to say this so harshly, but it's true. You get a nice shiny Android, and all is good. You then receieve a major OS update and battery life goes down the drain. It happened with my G4 and many other people's handsets regardless of make when we updated to Marshmallow.

I can only suggest you uninstall apps you no longer require and allow the phone to settle into the update. It will slightly improve over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa