Android 7.0 "I Got my OTA" Thread

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
When Nougat was released, I was anxious to check it out so I signed up for the Beta program, & received version NRD90R.

My Nexus 5X has been intermittently driving me crazy with some erratic behavior since this update:

- While actively doing something on my phone (touching the screen to scroll or make a selection) it sometimes suddenly goes to sleep.
- Sometimes when I try to wake my phone, it becomes extremely sluggish. I touch the fingerprint sensor & it starts to wake, but the screen doesn't fully wake & it goes back to sleep.
- Sometimes I have to input the lockscreen pattern, then it again becomes really sluggish & it doesn't correctly register the pattern.

I've done one hard reset since the update & I've been considering another - but today I got another update, this one is NRD90S.

I'll give it another few days to see if I continue having these issues.

Has anyone else seen anything like this on Nougat?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
At this point we are 15 days into September. Might as well wait and get 7.1. I think the problem is that no one really knows what's going on. Just tell me I will get 7.1 or not and I would be happy.

Then again...if problems have been found in the early releases best to wait for them to be corrected before I get updated.

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement 6P from Google on 9/15 and enrolled it in the beta hoping to have Nougat pushed to my phone immediately, as it did with my old 6P when I enrolled. Been waiting two days and still have not received the update. I did get the update above "preparing my phone for Nougat." No subsequent update to Nougat yet, though.

Has anyone else enrolled in the beta program but NOT received an update to 7.0?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the update on September 21. So far everything is working fine....no excessive battery drain. I cleared the system cache right after the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa