Ambient Display in 7.1

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is Ambient display much more reliable in 7.1? It doesn't seem to trigger by you just staring at it anymore.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed it is more aggressive at lowering the brightness than before. i actually find myself turning up the brightness more in certain situations.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
On 7.0, I found that ambient display would often fail to activate when I picked the phone up after leaving it motionless for a long time. As if it was maybe affected by doze? On 7.1, it works perfectly no matter how long it has been since the phone was last moved.

Paul

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it is more aggressive at lowering the brightness than before. i actually find myself turning up the brightness more in certain situations.

That's not ambient display doing it. Its adaptive brightness. I have ambient display off and the screen is very dim when I turn on the phone after it's been face down.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
On 7.0, I found that ambient display would often fail to activate when I picked the phone up after leaving it motionless for a long time. As if it was maybe affected by doze? On 7.1, it works perfectly no matter how long it has been since the phone was last moved.

Paul

I am trying Ambient Display out again on my 6P with 7.1.1 Developer Preview of course. Just like you, i kept mine disabled because the feature was half baked from Google. You're saying that it's actually more reliable ? After the phones' screen is off for a while though, and you have active notifications, isn't it supposed to pulse the notifications on the lock screen though? I am going to have to give it another chance then I suppose plus in addition i have the combination of Lite Flow for my visual LED Light Controller for notifications, which I also love!

Ambient Display does work a bit better and more consistent, however for me, it's a bit redundant since I do have Lite Flow Pro for my LED Light Controller which always works and I've just used to it. I have colors for all of my favorite contacts and for texting.

Last edited: