Battery life : Nougat > Marshmallow?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey was wondering if anyone did sort of battery testing before updating to Nougat as a way of comparing battery life. I know most people say Nougat has better battery life than marshmallow but wondering if anyone actually used any type of battery software to make the battery life comparison more 'scientific'.

Carols38

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I've compared it on Samsung Galaxy s7 (no edge) without tools. Apprx 1 day on 6.x and 1.5 days on 7.0.
Turning on extended battery saving feature brings up to 3 days.

mlrz24

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering why there are more reports of poor battery life than increased battery. Google it you'll see what I mean. It's odd being this update was about increasing battery life. I'm not sure I want to update my S6 when it's available

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If a device has no change in battery use, none whatsoever, you will have a few reports of improvement and a lot of reports of poor batter use.. Why? It's in the nature of whiners.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If a device has no change in battery use, none whatsoever, you will have a few reports of improvement and a lot of reports of poor batter use.. Why? It's in the nature of whiners.
Thanks "ptkelly" for stating a fact - you're absolutely correct! I am seeing very little difference from MM to Nougat on my S7 Active but I'm fine with that. There's a lot of other little niceties to enjoy about Nougat to make up for a lack of improvement in battery life! "IF" it were worse, "THEN" it would be a problem for me!!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch